Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 02:16 AM
Aviak

I'm still using a 2HS at 32 brother, the 1HS weapons are just too weak and I don't proc quads often enough to compensate yet
Old 11-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers get two very good quest weapons you can have done by mid 30s in the Short Sword of Morin and Orc Impaler.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-23-2019, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the BBC something I could expect to handle right into my 30's or are there better alternatives I might hunt around for? Thanks all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes to both: Bone-bladed claymore is a good enough weapon to get into the 30's with, but there are also better alternatives out there you may obtain before reaching that point. I consider the claymore level-appropriate for the late teens/early 20's and basically okay through the 20's. It's starting to get long in the tooth by the early 30's and it's more or less obsolescent by the mid/upper 30's.

Danth
Old 11-23-2019, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

You can bbc while you orc impaler btw. Orc impaler makes a great range slot when you din't want to use the resist stick.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

Give it a few more levels then I'd say go on a great adventure and head to Everfrost and get yourself a gigantic zweihander by bow kiting Karg. It is a challenge but as a ranger you've already shown you are up for challenges!

Did it myself at lvl 16 (or 17?) and not only was it incredibly fun but very rewarding. Fantastic weapon and you'll feel like a champ. Take out Matar while you're there and hopefully you'll leave Everfrost wielding both the Zweihander and the cloak of the ice bear!
Closed Thread