Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Default Project Gorgon

Anyone playing? Looks like a blast. I never cared for intense graphics so the lack of them here doesn't bother me, but I am not so much into the skill level up system. One if the dev's has an eq background too. Dialog seems more adult, which is refreshing.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone playing? Looks like a blast. I never cared for intense graphics so the lack of them here doesn't bother me, but I am not so much into the skill level up system. One if the dev's has an eq background too. Dialog seems more adult, which is refreshing.
Isn't it just like 1 dev and a friend? I was amazed to see how much their limited staff can do when Pantheon has taken a decade and still not alpha stage.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:05 AM
Kobold

Yes, it is a husband and wife team. I give them kudos, because most of the other crowdfunded mmo's have been scams.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

I tried it when it was still free, right before it went into the paid early access or whatever it is now. Couldn't really get into it.
Last edited by Indecisive; 04-05-2020 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: Spelling.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

There's a free demo on Steam, which apparently has content for 15-20 hours. I downloaded it today, first impressions are that it's better than Elder Scrolls Online and Neverwinter.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

This wasn't even on my radar, but it looks awesome.

If someone here (that I respect) endorses it, I'll have no choice but to give it a shot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:12 PM
Banned

post pictures or dont make a thread about it
Old 04-13-2020, 09:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This wasn't even on my radar, but it looks awesome.

If someone here (that I respect) endorses it, I'll have no choice but to give it a shot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a lurker but I've been around a long time. I think you might enjoy it.

I think anybody who enjoys p99 might enjoy it. You can learn any skill but they go up by using them so there's a good natural balance to how many skills you can practically use (though I haven't played long term to see if you can eventually be skilled in everything). And there's skills for all sorts of random and non combat issues, like burying corpses to reduce respawn times, or a skill for dying that gave me some random bonus stats, also gardening to grow plants for tradeskills, so many skills and abilities to use and level.

Worth a play, I got lots of hours out of it which I enjoyed. Probably would have put more hours if more of the game was complete, but I started playing really early in development and came back to it a few times. Haven't played since full launch but will likely give it a go after seeing this thread.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Don't drink the pig potion unless you have the un-pig, else it will be permanent.

The pro is that you can skill up as a pig