Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Default New Player, posting before i make too much of an ass of myself

Sup fellas. Ladies. Mixes of both.

I play an Iksar shaman, same character i played on live, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am really surprised and pleased with how active this server is, especially the forums, and ive already had tons of help from both players in game and info ive found on forums.

I read the RnF boards alot and have been tempted to post there several times, but i figure itd be better to contribute a bit before making an ass of myself over there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also wanted to ask a (i hope) quick question - whats the chance of getting my shaman into a raiding guild at 60? its been about a decade since i hit any of the eq raids, and might as well be considered a noob in that regard, but i do remember how to play my class endgame (for the most part). I know iksar shamans dont *really* start getting the gear they need until velious, but id say with confidence they are far from gimped compared to a barb/troll/ogre.

My other character is an iksar monk but since ive never played one at a high level before i doubt he will be raiding anytime soon.

Anyway, again just wanted to introduce myself, say thanks to the devs for making this server possible (even though they seem to get lots of shit over a 100% volunteer project that takes an overwhelming amount of time/money - i can relate because i helped run a MUD for many, many years and i know that it can suck at times, so thank you), let everyone know that many of you are great and some of you are assholes, and that i look forward to playing with/flaming/getting to know you all. I'm generally a pretty nice guy, so feel free to ask me for a low level sow or buff if you see me (just remember to tip your shaman! Not your druid though - those guys are such pretentious assholes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Gotrocks - 19 iksar shaman
Gotmonk - 15 iksar monk

ps. sorry for any typos. im at my gfs house ignoring her while she showers so im typing this on my smartphone. shit. gf aggro. gotta run. train to zone lookout!!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

why did you KS hadden? LMFAO, jk.... welcome to our hell hole.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

Who in the hell asks for a tip for SoW. Loser.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Only shaman class without slam. If you're not intending to solo much you'll be fine - just get your wis up towards 200 as soon as you can and work on your stamina (squishiest HP out of the 4 shaman races).

Everyone loves a shaman in a group, I know my cleric does [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who in the hell asks for a tip for SoW. Loser.
I never ask, its just nice to get [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish
Only shaman class without slam. If you're not intending to solo much you'll be fine - just get your wis up towards 200 as soon as you can and work on your stamina (squishiest HP out of the 4 shaman races).

Everyone loves a shaman in a group, I know my cleric does
I never had much trouble soloing on live - though it was during velious era, im still betting i wont have much trouble doing it here in Kunark.

And, of course, i have no aversion to grouping. Got no problem being a buff/slow bot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sup fellas.
I read the RnF boards alot and have been tempted to post making an ass of myself over there... some of you are assholes that i look forward to playing with/getting to know. I'm generally pretty, so feel free to ask me for assholes! (just remember to tip your pretentious assholes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].im at my gfs house ignoring her shit.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blahblahderpderp
+1 for effort, but a general lack of creativity and/or content forces me to rate this flame 1/10.

i applaud the attempt though and encourage you to have another go.

**edit**
Especially if youre going to call me pretty again. i am definetly sexy as hell. Drop the preoccupation with assholes and shit though, it makes you look like an asshole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by gotrocks; 11-03-2012 at 08:25 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Aviak

The only thing that bothers me in this whole thread is that you are ignoring showering girlfriend.. The rest seems logical and reasonably sound.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenieHakeem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing that bothers me in this whole thread is that you are ignoring showering girlfriend.. The rest seems logical and reasonably sound.
??baffled??
do you mean nekkid woman > everquest??
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
??baffled??
do you mean nekkid woman > everquest??
Right, that's what caught me.. I would gladly "/ooc AFK: poon"
Closed Thread