Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

I think so. Shorter mez always takes precedence, right?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was wondering about a few bard duos and their viability.

1. Bard / Druid

2. Bard / Enchanter

3. Bard / SK

4. Bard / Necro

Main concerns are

a. How fast and reliably they can kill stuff in dungeons together

b. Survivability in "oh shit" situations (if i'm deep in some dungeon can an enchanter really CC a group for long enough to get kills/make it out alive?)

c. How desired the non-bard classes i listed (dru, enc, sk, necro) are in high level dungeons and raids.

Have a good afternoon : D
1. a) You'll do well if the bard charms, even better if the druid charms, but will be limited to dungeons with animals (sol b bats for example).

b) druid can evac and bard can CC so as long as they're not asleep at the keyboard should be able to make it out alive.

c) druid is one of the least desired classes in dungeons because of all of the min-maxers.

2 a) As long as you decide who's pitching and who's catching, this could be your best combo. I'd recommend chanter charms and focuses on main target, while bard dances around and takes care of CC and dots.

b) both mezzes so they can take care of immediate harm, but with overwriting issues they can quickly make things as mess, communication is a must.

c) as long as the group isn't already almost full, you can get invites for both, otherwise people will want the chanter more because of the bard's xp penalty. In raids, less chanters and more bards but at least one of each.

3 a) As long as bard charms the kills will go fairly well, the SK can hold aggro and self-heal with taps, but not optimal.

b) SK can FD but bard should keep a gate hat handy.

c) As long as no other tank around can get this duo invited, but more likely just the bard will be wanted.

4) a) very powerful combo much like the chanter/bard one, but just have to be careful since no more song window for necro heal tricks. In undead dungeons dps can be very very good.

b) same issue as with SK

c) both are staples of raids, albeit with boring roles, in groups it will be tough to convince groups to invite the necro with all the competition for the DPS spots.

cheers

'stuce
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Bard/Bard best duo combo. If you don't want to do that, bard + /duel partner will accomplish the same thing. There is one way to level as a bard, and it involves wide open spaces.

For dungeon crawling, brd+shm. Shm does the work, bard brings the mobs.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you don't know how to play with a bard. Why are you mezzing when the bard can do it mana free?
Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you don't know how to play with a bard. Why are you mezzing when the bard can do it mana free?
Yep that's it.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Aviak

I would think Bard/SK would be a good combo. Not all bards want to kite, even if they can. This is a MMO, it makes no sense to me why someone would want to solo the majority of their time playing. For newer players, soloing means when you finally hit a level you need to group, you won't really know anyone.

I've also met people who love having a Bard in their group and are annoyed so many would rather solo.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Oh man I know the feels. I inwardly groan every time I join a group and there's a bard already there. To this day I can name 3 bards who I am willing to group with because they understand how to play with an enchanter.
When i am in a group with a chanter i give them a limited amount of time before i start dropping mezzes on added mobs. I have been with some shitty chanters before.

If your with a chanter who is charming mob/mezzing adds and doing his job np then the only time i mez is the short duration on his pet if it breaks.

I have duo'd with most every class and always find a successful way to do it. It's not always the fastest way to xp though.
But i agree with: Bard + Epic rogue is awesome. One of my favorite spots 55ish was KC Captain area, Fear kite on the bridge with a epic rogue made the xp fly.

bard+Sham in dungeon is awesome! I bring the mobs, sham roots them, Use song of twilight to push mobs together in a group. Can stand just out of range to aoe them down with the shaman's dots while throwing on regen....low caster population preferred for this though =p

Also I never tried it but bard/wizard seems like it wouldn't be bad combo for leveling, low health kiting bard wizard just nukes them down. Sounds like it makes for a much faster fight. Plus bard mana regen on the wiz and be ready again before repops.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Wizard PBAEs with an AE kiting Bard is one of the best duos out there, period.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcinsane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When i am in a group with a chanter i give them a limited amount of time before i start dropping mezzes on added mobs. I have been with some shitty chanters before.

If your with a chanter who is charming mob/mezzing adds and doing his job np then the only time i mez is the short duration on his pet if it breaks.

I have duo'd with most every class and always find a successful way to do it. It's not always the fastest way to xp though.
But i agree with: Bard + Epic rogue is awesome. One of my favorite spots 55ish was KC Captain area, Fear kite on the bridge with a epic rogue made the xp fly.

bard+Sham in dungeon is awesome! I bring the mobs, sham roots them, Use song of twilight to push mobs together in a group. Can stand just out of range to aoe them down with the shaman's dots while throwing on regen....low caster population preferred for this though =p

Also I never tried it but bard/wizard seems like it wouldn't be bad combo for leveling, low health kiting bard wizard just nukes them down. Sounds like it makes for a much faster fight. Plus bard mana regen on the wiz and be ready again before repops.
Hey I said there are 3 bards that I play with! Communication is key. While I appreciate a mez on my broken mob, usually my charm break is Stun->16 mez->Tash->Wait forever for the shaman/mage to re-malo my target->Charm.

If my 16s mez doesn't stick I hope to god you keep it mezzed while I do the rest. Nothing sucks more than being unable to control your 70% hasted dual-wielding pet because a bard decided to mez it for 6 seconds and then let it free.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

First and foremost my advice is level dependent. If you can not stack three single target dots, read no further as these words are not for you.

As a 55 bard who is farking sick of running endless circles, I have to admit that I am in love with root. Get a duo partner that can cast root and dots. Choices now are shamans, necros and druids.

Teach your partner to root 2-4 mobs adjacent to each other. Dot up target A, charm target B and sick it on A. After a few moments, if they are there, C and D will attack B. Depending on your speed and skill you should be able to get 4-5 single target dots off between charms. When you have your targets set up, you sit back and juggle.

In the mean time, your partner is doting main target and keeping mobs rooted.

Voice comms are recommended while you figure out the juggling routine. Of course if you are a bad ass and have the nets, you can do all of this solo(do not expect to make ANY friends on seafury island).