Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 PM
Aviak

Default Enchanter 54-60, solo vs grouping exp

Hey guys,

So my enc is my second char. My main is a necro, and I spent most of 54-59 in HS, then finished off my journey to 60 on ogres in neriak.

Every time I took a detour and tried a group somewhere else, the exp absolutely crawled compared to what I could do solo.

This was 2 years ago before the ZEM changes.

Now I'm doing the trip again, this time with an enc, and the changes to Hole have caused me to spend most of my time there. I duoed ent until 53, then it slowed down, and now I've been grouping around docks/GT. EXP is solid relative to what I've done elsewhere. I'm getting a good maybe 8-10% per hour or so at level 54.

So I'm wondering, given how great the Hole is now, does solo charming anywhere else even make sense? Could I possibly find better exp than this?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

I think Enc 54+ exp is best duo with a cleric in HS North, then 58+ in West.

Solo is ok but duo is just much faster because you can pretty much chain kill with the best pet and never worry about breaking/nuking. Also much less CR downtime, if any.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:06 AM
Banned

Its tough to beat small, high octane groups in Hole with no slackers, AFKers, etc. However the zone is basically Karnor's 2.0 now.

If you want something totally different, duo with a necro in HS. Its a little more dicey than cleric + enc, but the kill speed is insane. Since you're familiar with necros already you'll know exactly how to work with them.

My necro is in low 50s, kinda trying to get that VP click staff then I will be in HS permanently until 60. Maybe see you there.
Closed Thread