Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Large Rat

Default New Player, Rogue Question

Hi all, never played EQ previously and figured I'd try it out. Around the time EQ was out I was playing NexusTK/Dark Ages, two grindy 2D MMOs with a heavy focus on community since my computer couldn't handle 3D graphics.

Rolled a halfling rogue named Fiosach and had one question: Do I need to put a training point into Hide / Sneak for either to begin to improve? I feel like I cast them often but never seen any improvement. I've been saving most of my points for backstab (level 7 so far).
Old 02-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Skeleton

So it looks like no one has answered you yet, but you may have already figured this out. Anyway, halflings have an innate lvl 50 sneak and hide skill regardless of class. Young halfling rogues can only Increase sneak and hide by a certain amount per level. Once you get past the level barrier you will start to see your skill increase, but until then it is essentially maxed out for your lvl. Not sure wha lvl you will start to see an increase at , but just keep using it and you will find out.

Also welcome to eq, and awesome first choice for a character, just make sure to find some groups so you can fully enjoy the rogue.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:57 PM
Kobold

who were you on nexustk?
Old 02-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Also, Do not waste your training points on Backstab or any melee abilities except 1 point to initially train them.

They will increase quickly as you level in groups.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Dont have to put a point in melee skills, they will train anyway as u use em. The rogue dont really need the points so dumping a chunk into backstab aint stupid, that way u will be good dps when u start grouping.
Make an evade macro.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:58 AM
Banned

Also, can bind things like sense heading, etc to your movement keys so they level up automatically!
Old 02-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

As a halfling your hide and sneak are already in excess of your skill cap until like level 10.

All halfling a have a racial hide/sneak of 50.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for all the advice people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who were you on nexustk?
I played GhostX (Merchant) and Shaaman (il san mage). Started around the first Lost Mines event and played until a year or so after Nagnang Army became a thing.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckduck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all, never played EQ previously and figured I'd try it out. Around the time EQ was out I was playing NexusTK/Dark Ages, two grindy 2D MMOs with a heavy focus on community since my computer couldn't handle 3D graphics.

Rolled a halfling rogue named Fiosach and had one question: Do I need to put a training point into Hide / Sneak for either to begin to improve? I feel like I cast them often but never seen any improvement. I've been saving most of my points for backstab (level 7 so far).
Oh man do I love Nexus TK. Damn I miss it, but I won't go back. Please don't think that EQ rogue plays anything like a Nexus rogue. Nexus rogue was such a blast.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man do I love Nexus TK. Damn I miss it, but I won't go back. Please don't think that EQ rogue plays anything like a Nexus rogue. Nexus rogue was such a blast.
Yeah I loved that company's games. I wish any of them were still worth playing.
Closed Thread