Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Super Mario Bros is under rated. It revolutionized platformers and revitalized the video game industry and yet everyone rates it so poorly.

Dont get me started on the Legend of Zelda for the NES
I dont get why everyone hates it. I personally think its a good game.

What else is under rated guys?
Old 02-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Banned

Ultima IV and V
Old 02-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally, we agree on something.

Then again, it could be my nostalgia talking.

I also suck/sucked at RTS games but damn did I love Warcraft 2.

I played that game way too much and I was absolutely horrible at it.

Didn't care. Would rage and start another game. Repeat.

People would even peon rush me.

I was bad.
My first webpage ever was a Warcraft 2 fan site. Here's a wayback machine version of it (no cool 90's black lightning background, so you'll just have to imagine it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Pro-tip:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin back in 1999
Use farms instead of walls. They provide food and protection at the same time, they have more strength than walls, and they are the only type of wall you can build in a single-player game. They only time you should ever use regular walls is if you are really short on time or money.
It also had (what I thought at the time at least) was the best collection of custom maps on the web. Oh the nostalgia!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-19-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Banned

I'm going to reinstall Warcraft 2 and use your guide to finally be good at the game.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first webpage ever was a Warcraft 2 fan site. Here's a wayback machine version of it (no cool 90's black lightning background, so you'll just have to imagine it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Pro-tip:

It also had (what I thought at the time at least) was the best collection of custom maps on the web. Oh the nostalgia!
so cool! and cute. you're a very loveable doof [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I never played WC2. There wasn't a mac release iirc. Or my Dad didn't buy it. I remember the one time I saw it in person, looking over my neighborhood friend's cool high school aged brother's shoulder. It must have meant a lot 'cuz I don't tend to remember things like that. I thought it looked cool and wicked/edgy. Your screenshots sorta bear that out; the ogres are cooool.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super Mario Bros is under rated. It revolutionized platformers and revitalized the video game industry and yet everyone rates it so poorly.

What else is under rated guys?
Super Mario 3 is the best game ever made.

I like Seiken Densetsu 3.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same reason some folks like to trash McDonald's: Popularity can make something a target. On top of that, younger gamers will be looking at these games compared to newer games which learned from them. When the NES came out, all most of us who were around back then had seen before were things like PONG or Atari games. The NES was revolutionary.

Have you ever done the swordless challenge for The Legend of Zelda? You play through the original game without ever picking up the sword. You can play through the entire game that way, up to Ganon, though you cannot defeat him. It's an interesting and tough take on an old classic.

------------------------------

I didn't much like Warcraft 3. I think it placed too much emphasis on the "hero" characters, although that emphasis led to the creation of a new game genre as some modder or another got the notion to simply remove the remainder of the armies and let the hero characters duke it out.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-20-2019 at 04:09 AM..
Old 02-20-2019, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good warrior's death.

Lok'tar.
Closed Thread