Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Banned

Whey is best because it metabolizes faster. This way you can take advantage of your post workout window with a shake. After I work out and drink a fruit/whey/milk drink on the way home in the car.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whey is best because it metabolizes faster. This way you can take advantage of your post workout window with a shake. After I work out and drink a fruit/whey/milk drink on the way home in the car.
Also whey contains a full amino profile. You won't get that with other types. However with the pea/brown rice collabo, you will get the full profile! Remember- Amino's will help with recovery, building muscle, burning fat, and also providing energy!
Old 08-29-2018, 05:32 PM
Banned

think i broke a rib on this foam roller thing

fuck u azzar
Old 08-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Banned

Since ive started back on whey at 1030 pm after my ride I have not needed a rest day in over 2 weeks.

Never happened before!

Previousley I crashed for at least 1 day before I hit 2 weeks often at 11 or 12 days regardless of dietary intake of protein. I am starting to think that no matter how much protein you eat whey is more soluable.

I am going to try the pea protein next
Old 08-29-2018, 06:43 PM
Banned

Pp protein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] hehe suck my cum
Old 08-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Did some Xrays today at the surgeon's office and the bone is fully healed. I asked about the pain and it's all normal. I might just need to get the muscles massaged out since they're really tight. So I'll just have to be more patient with the healing process and be more proactive with some massage therapy.

I slept like shit today after my shift this morning but I put in a good 2.5 hour workout. Maxed out on seated tri press down at 540 (6 plates on each side) and decline chest press machine 450 (5 plates on each side). Not bad for 150 pounds.

I hope you guys are doing well. Keep killin' it out there and stay injury free. Try not to break any ribs on the foam roller.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Glad your recovery is going well.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did some Xrays today at the surgeon's office and the bone is fully healed. I asked about the pain and it's all normal. I might just need to get the muscles massaged out since they're really tight. So I'll just have to be more patient with the healing process and be more proactive with some massage therapy.

I slept like shit today after my shift this morning but I put in a good 2.5 hour workout. Maxed out on seated tri press down at 540 (6 plates on each side) and decline chest press machine 450 (5 plates on each side). Not bad for 150 pounds.

I hope you guys are doing well. Keep killin' it out there and stay injury free. Try not to break any ribs on the foam roller.
Xray Results- Great news man! Any reason to get a massage is a good reason!

Less than great days- We all have them, I see where you lacked in one area (sleep), you picked up the slack in another (2.5 hour workout). Proud of you.

How are we? Well one of us apparently broke a rib on a foam roller.. So there's that... Today is my rest day. So all that matters today is diet! Happy Thursday you handsome mother fuckers!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+2.6 mi....

Trying to figure out what type of cardio routine would work best for me. Low intensity steady state (LISS) is what I generally do and that works, but it's prone to plateaus and is extremely time consuming. I generally do like a 40-60 min walk 5-7x a week.

High intensity interval training (HIIT) is the other thing I'm looking at. Can get more of a work out in less time. It's also really good for mobilizing fat. HIIT followed by LISS is what I'm going to try to do with the goal of losing as much mass as possible (muscle+fat). The only alternative for that outcome I'm aware of is more LISS and that's getting old.

Upper body muscle is what I'm trying to target, so I'll be doing be lower body strength training to counteract that.

-------

Theoretical Exercise plan

Coffee then->

"Stationary Bike
Warm up for 3-5 minutes: I usually have the resistance at a medium level so if its on a 1-20 scale I keep my warm-up and recovery time at around 10-12. When it comes time to do the intense interval, I bump it up to 15-18.

30 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity (repeat 4 times)
40 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity (repeat 4 times)
30 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity (repeat 4 times)"

Followed by 30 mins walking. Do that 3x a week.

Body weight exercises 2x a week: Squats, leg lifts, reverse leg lifts, side lunges.
4-5 sets of 10 each.

----------------

That shouldn't kill me, right?
Cecily- What's the update on this new routine? Have you rolled it out over the last couple days??
Old 08-30-2018, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Just started at the gym again this week myself. It's been 10+ years since I took it serious. With being on estrogen plus being naturally lean, I really need to do this to have strength.

Routine I plan to do is (Sun-Sat):
Gym,Swim,Gym,Swim,Gym,Swim,Off Day

Gym on a 3 day muscle group cycle (chest/back/legs) to start. I might eventually try to do each muscle group twice a week, but once a week is okay for the first while

Swimming I've been doing for a few months. I do 600m as fast as I can. Takes me about 15-18 minutes depending how I feel that day. That isn't super fast but I'd like to think it's okay...meets the Bronze Cross standard to be a lifeguard. I'd be really happy if I could get that down to 12 minutes (2:00/100m). I've sorta plateau'd for swimming gains though. Not sure if it's the pills or just need to push harder/more often. Probably some of both. I can do 2:00/100m to start but keeping that pace for an entire swim...not yet :P
Closed Thread