Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Default Hobbies

I'm always curious as to what people like to do for hobbies. As get busier and busier between the day job (DBA) and building out my new production space for my business, my hobbies easily go by the wayside.

When I do have time, these days I have two primary hobbies; woodworking and golf. Lately it has been just golf (my game needs work) on off-days, but about four years ago I started woodworking, as I became fascinated with amateur lutherie.

I had been poking about on a guitar forum looking for a wiring diagram or somesuch, and stumbled across threads dedicated to guitar and bass builds, so I decided to give it a try, and hope to not lose any hands or fingers in the process.

Over the next few months I acquired some various tools that I thought could get me to the finish line and away I went.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have three other bass guitar builds on the bench, but they are on hold until my space is built out. I recently learned SketchUp and have designed my bar and small walk-in cooler. And after that, I have some mash paddle (brewing) prototypes to make for a friend in CA. THEN, perhaps I can get back to the guitar making.

What be you do?
Old 10-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

This is a great project, thanks for sharing!

Myself, i tend to be in and out of the warhammer hobby. Every other thursday there is a free hobby class at warhammer world and i tend to go with the little one to complete that fortnight's tutorial.

We put together some flamers of Tzeentch recently. We're just waiting for a change in weather so we can prime them. He loves painting fire; should i be worried?

For myself i an working on embellishing an ork stompa the wife bought me as a birthday present last year.

I rarely get to game, but i may have a battle lined up next week if i am lucky! Stompa is a notoriously bad option, but i have won my only other game played with it so far. Lets see if i can make this a winning streak.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Used to paint warhammer too. Got a large imperial guard army. I live near warhammer world too which is convenient for the kids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also learning guitar, am terrible. atm. Also collect old board games
Old 10-15-2019, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

I do obstacle course racing, trail racing, or novelty races for fun. (Mud runs, zombie runs, costume stuff, naked runs or bike events.) Outside that I just exercise a lot. A lot of venues im repeating now and looking for a new challenge since I don't fail any obstacles anymore. I usually just do them wearing funny getups. I need to find a tough challenge. I do a little bit of close up magic, and other party tricks. I like learning goofy skills.
Last edited by Cen; 10-15-2019 at 02:48 AM..
Old 10-15-2019, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

cann i haz?
Old 10-15-2019, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Forumquesting is my main hobby at the moment.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Yes! This is what I expect to see from EQ people. It shouldn't be shocking at this point, but it is always a pleasant surprise. The most creative people I have ever known have been D&D, EQ, Warhammer, musician, anime and cosplay people (usually two or more of the aforementioned hobbies or professions).
Old 10-15-2019, 05:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like learning goofy skills.
Speaking of goofy skills; anyone else pick locks? I'm only speaking of your own locks, of course. I can just do Master locks and other easy ones, and sometimes more complicated ones, but how fun is this shit? Also, it turns you into a critic when anyone tries to pick a lock in a movie.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of goofy skills; anyone else pick locks? I'm only speaking of your own locks, of course.
Sure...
very sure...

I would have said the same...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Star Trek 1.jpg (11.3 KB, 0 views)

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Closed Thread