Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration
Old 11-25-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2018, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

no one is invalidated, but nobody is right
Old 11-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we are not going to be able to continue provide refuge and support’ – because if we don’t deal with the migration issue it will continue to roil the body politic.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slate Star Codex is normally a very academic blog, to the point that I unsubscribed because I got tired of reading it. For example, check out his post on preschool. Looks like you just talk a big game but don't follow through. .
Okay but the specific blog you posted has 0 sources yet you blindly trusted it and spread it around as fact.

Quote:
Newsflash: no one does. It takes too much time. It's OK to be wrong occasionally, even frequently, as long as you update your world view afterwards.
This is exactly my point. No one does and it is dangerous. It is okay to be wrong occasionally, not frequently, as long as you a) update your view afterwards (which you did not -- you basically said, "well I'm sure someone has made it anyway,") b) retract whatever sharing of the article/blog/meme in question that you participated in. Why aren't you debating this point while also claiming the mainstream media is not to be trusted?
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 11-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why aren't you debating this point while also claiming the mainstream media is not to be trusted?
https://www.poynter.org/news/not-fak...rrections-2017

Its not like your mainstream corporate news does any of what you think rave should be doing though.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly my point. No one does and it is dangerous. It is okay to be wrong occasionally, not frequently, as long as you a) update your view afterwards (which you did not -- you basically said, "well I'm sure someone has made it anyway,") b) retract whatever sharing of the article/blog/meme in question that you participated in. Why aren't you debating this point while also claiming the mainstream media is not to be trusted?
Of course I updated my viewpoint. Before reading the article, I believed that persuasion and hypnosis techniques were regularly used at the highest level of political discourse. I had never considered using machine learning to do it, but it's a completely reasonable thing to do with NLP. After reading the article, I believed that machine learning could do it better than people. After realizing the article was fiction, I continue to believe that machines can (purely a priori) and probably do generate persuasive and hypnotic statements, but that people are still better at it.

I freely admitted that I was trolled by a fictional article (or if you prefer, wrong) and anyone who reads the thread will realize this.

Your problem is that you have failed to make me feel bad about myself, because I don't mind being wrong from time to time. That's part of the magic of being a trained scientist.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

I normally use tinfoil to cook my turkeys not my brains.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Usa: defeats commies worldwide, has free press

Usa citizens: hurr durrr its fake news lets elect a tv show doofus derp
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Usa: defeats commies worldwide, has free press

Usa citizens: hurr durrr lets make america a communist country
idiota
Closed Thread