Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

cool that sounds like a good plan, also I suppose risky but could work more often than fails, is to charm without tash and then use the HT on the other mob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Old 01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

I guess I could keep my top slot free for berserker spirit too and use that to take initial damage and the other rune as a blanket for oh shit moments.

Quote:
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to kingsBlend

I lived in HS from 55 up. Your best bet is the basement. Once you feel comfortable there with single pulls and eating the HT's with your charmed mob test your luck on the north wing. Don't forget that you can use Theft of Thought on most of the skele mobs for less downtime!! You should eventually be able to camp the 3 named rooms and keep the camp broken well for easy pulls. Also, this is where I was able to farm enough loot (Adamantite Clubs) to save for a Goblin Ghazugi Ring, one of the best investments you can make as an ENC ! Just don't be afraid to die, every death is a learning experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsBlend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lived in HS from 55 up. Your best bet is the basement. Once you feel comfortable there with single pulls and eating the HT's with your charmed mob test your luck on the north wing. Don't forget that you can use Theft of Thought on most of the skele mobs for less downtime!! You should eventually be able to camp the 3 named rooms and keep the camp broken well for easy pulls. Also, this is where I was able to farm enough loot (Adamantite Clubs) to save for a Goblin Ghazugi Ring, one of the best investments you can make as an ENC ! Just don't be afraid to die, every death is a learning experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] planning to move into north when I've spent a good few hours in the entrance, I really feel like I'm not a strong enchanter and still need to practice a lot. However getting keyed to this place alone helped me improve a few skills I was rusty on (since I haven't played my enchanter in a long time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Quote:
Old 01-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, HS costs dots, just a fact of Life. Rune lasts a long time however, so plan on allowing your charm pets to eat HT's whenever possible.
You should almost never eat a HT. The only reason you ever should is if you get a lull fail, or your mez leading off combat resists (which should almost never happen), or you are sitting where a mob with HT respawns cause you weren't paying attention to spawn times and/or where you were sitting.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok got in the place fine, killed the 2 patrols on the platform which were thankfully the lil sperm dudes so I had invisi up, killed those guys and looted the key.

Cleared the first 2 golems and then proceeded to calm the room ahead and single pull a skeleton and another lil sperm dude to kill. The skeleton harmtouched me and it took like 60% of my health, cleared them both fine but is there any way to avoid the HT damage other than a rune every single time? Will be expensive to keep casting rune =D
So you went into HS north and were trying to pull the first room in there where there are 4 mobs spawned in corners? I try to lull HTers first (so if you manage to lull 1 then get a crit fail, at least it is one fewer HT you're going to eat) and pull others first. If you have to engage a HTer, lead off by mezzing the HTer. Then you can stun, mez, tash the other mob when it comes to you, remez the HTer, charm the other mob, blur/root/whatever HTer, sic pet on him.

I wouldn't mess around in north at all, not even the first room until you have kind of progressed through learning entrance and basement. I don't think clearing more than 1 named room is realistic until you are probably 56-57+. Before then you'll be stretched awfully thin making sure you don't accidentally pull a whole room by aggroing a pather in the hallway or getting in trouble with charm breaks or lull crit fails.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you went into HS north and were trying to pull the first room in there where there are 4 mobs spawned in corners? I try to lull HTers first (so if you manage to lull 1 then get a crit fail, at least it is one fewer HT you're going to eat) and pull others first. If you have to engage a HTer, lead off by mezzing the HTer. Then you can stun, mez, tash the other mob when it comes to you, remez the HTer, charm the other mob, blur/root/whatever HTer, sic pet on him.

I wouldn't mess around in north at all, not even the first room until you have kind of progressed through learning entrance and basement. I don't think clearing more than 1 named room is realistic until you are probably 56-57+. Before then you'll be stretched awfully thin making sure you don't accidentally pull a whole room by aggroing a pather in the hallway or getting in trouble with charm breaks or lull crit fails.
I managed to actually clear out the first room, but it cost me half my health as I failed to remember the undead HT. I was just asking for a way to cover that as I didn't want to be using a peridot every 10-15 mins..

I think I'm not brave enough to go any further than that but as I am struggling to kill more than 4 golems + the pats in the entrance I just kind of gave that a shot so I have a somewhat safe spot ( in between the golems and the 4 room ) to afk, obviously with DE Hide + IVU.

In terms of clearing that anyway my plan so far is to just lull the entire room one by one and then charm one of the skeletons to pull, so I can avoid the HT and when pulling a bottomless feaster if one is up blow his HT on that.

I did try to clear more than 4 golems but I got repops on the zone in and some unlucky root breaks but managed to gate at 6% hp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Closed Thread