Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter - faction

Just a question on faction. My chanter is agnostic, so I can go into cities with an illusion on without problems so far.

If for example I was to charm kill misty thicket guards, would illusion halfling let me walk through their city / sell despite being kos outside of the illusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Old 01-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

the illusions only modify your faction to how they would view someone of their own race. if you hurt your faction beyond that then eventually you will be kos even with the illusion
Old 01-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for clearing that up.. Guess no halfling killing for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 AM
Sarnak

Don't kill the Halflings. Who will bake me tasty Jum Jum Pies?
Old 01-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

I've got a question in a similar vein;

How important is Faction for Enchanters really? Do you really lose out by killing Freeport/Highkeep/Misty Thicket/Neriak Guards? It seems to me there are a few really good spots for leveling and cash, that just happen to ruin your faction in a few good/evil towns. Even if you ruined your faction and needed to do a turn in, wouldn't invis+lull+charm let you do pretty much anything you needed to do?
Last edited by Crawdad; 01-30-2014 at 01:08 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yes

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-31-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a question in a similar vein;

How important is Faction for Enchanters really? Do you really lose out by killing Freeport/Highkeep/Misty Thicket/Neriak Guards? It seems to me there are a few really good spots for leveling and cash, that just happen to ruin your faction in a few good/evil towns. Even if you ruined your faction and needed to do a turn in, wouldn't invis+lull+charm let you do pretty much anything you needed to do?
Access to certain banks is important I think, I'd preserve Neriak faction for their bank but I can't think of much use for Kaladim ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Large Bat

I killed guards in HK, and kind of regret it considering all the trading is done in EC tunnle, I can no longer use that city. I didnt know however that I could still buy spells by using lulls. Still it would seem difficult to enter the room with multiple vendors and try to manage them all without dying, so i have been going into neriak for that (do merchants even aggro if your faction sucks with them?). I do know however that you can charm a banker and bank with them even if they hate you, I only tested this in HK because the banker con was green to me. I dont know if all bankers are that low in level though.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

I've never seen much point to sticking to just an agnostic enchanter. Though there is no real reason to kill guards on an enchanter. There are plenty of other camps you can do that don't hurt your faction.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though there is no real reason to kill guards on an enchanter. There are plenty of other camps you can do that don't hurt your faction.
human agnostic enchanter here. i was in a HHK basement group and some gnome warrior started pulling guards. i didnt want to leave group because xp was good, so i stayed around. eventually i had to mez stuff and buff, so my faction hit null very quickly. the next day when i went to FP i almost wanted to reroll because the WFP guards conned scowling.

luckily, it turns out the NFP guards (where the bank is) love it when u kill the WFP/EFP guards, so it worked out in my favor. Just gota cast invis when running thru there.

also, the casters guild is on a different faction and is far enough from any guards that u can hang out there safely uninvised.

but now i enjoy farming FS swords in HHK because its terribly easy. 80pp in about 5 mins without using basically any mana. and thats not even counting gems from nobles.
Last edited by phacemeltar; 02-06-2014 at 01:50 PM..
Closed Thread