Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Kobold

though*
Old 10-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's true. BDA's numbers are flagging. Chest is still loot counciling instanced moon drops.

High quality, core members who play female toons like Sweettouch and Khysanth are being sexually harassed and burned out after being forced under a pixel ceiling.

If there's one thing you can do, don't ever go to phinny. I feel bad just being here as a mole. The warm bodies are being ground to a pulp by dragons while Chest Loyalists pick up the shiny rings and swords.
Loot council is a fuckin' joke. Our guild switched to blind bidding dkp and everyone is so much happier.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loot council is a fuckin' joke. Our guild switched to blind bidding dkp and everyone is so much happier.
BDA does it better than most but loot council is inherently a shitty loot system I agree with u there. No getting around the fact that human beings are biased. The only complaint I've ever really had with the guild. Works for some ppl tho I guess.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said I don't like blind bidding that much either. I prefer either set item prices and whoever has more dkp gets for base item value or open chat bidding.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said I don't like blind bidding that much either. I prefer either set item prices and whoever has more dkp gets for base item value or open chat bidding.
Gay. Bidding is fun and addictive.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gay. Bidding is fun and addictive.
Can I edit this post plz Rogean, I forgot the punchline
Old 10-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only issues I've ever had with blind bidding in the past was officer corruption and collusion. This was in a WoW guild I was in on live. The current officers in my EQ guild are all solid and I want to say the majority of the guild have faith in their integrity. I see this as being a non-issue. The set item prices just weren't moving dkp. It was very difficult for consistent and loyal, but just not 100% raiders to get items they really wanted. The blind bidding system is really moving the dkp, it's fun, and people are able to get items they want by bidding more. One of the best changes we've made and I see it aiding in keeping our guild together for the future expansions.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
The only issues I've ever had with blind bidding in the past was officer corruption and collusion. This was in a WoW guild I was in on live. The current officers in my EQ guild are all solid and I want to say the majority of the guild have faith in their integrity. I see this as being a non-issue. The set item prices just weren't moving dkp. It was very difficult for consistent and loyal, but just not 100% raiders to get items they really wanted. The blind bidding system is really moving the dkp, it's fun, and people are able to get items they want by bidding more. One of the best changes we've made and I see it aiding in keeping our guild together for the future expansions.
Agreed. First of all, blind bidding is fun. Secondly, the blind bidding system requires bidders to be competent on another level than simply playing their character in order to maximize the success of their characters. If your officer corps is intelligent and 100% pure of motive it is very possible in theory that items can be better distributed, as far as combat efficiency of the guild goes, by officer manipulation than the average retarded raider can do for themselves, but the cost in political strife and man-hours researching gear, relative playtimes, and character judgment is great and the benefits are only theoretical, dependent on the skill of your officers. Not to mention having a 100% trustworthy and selfless officer corps is virtually impossible; the metagame is about screwing people and you know it. That's the fun part about being an officer in a guild full of raider f*ggots. If you are there for the good company you are a f*ggot and a mark, and smarter people are having more fun than you getting more pixels than you.

In reality, if your best cleric were truly the most competent, would he not outcompete the rest of the clerics by bidding on only the most efficient spendings of his DKP to maximize the benefit to himself? Is it likely you will find someone there in your guild stupid enough to do this legwork for somebody else for free yet competent to do it better than the beneficiary of the legwork??? It's far more likely that person is benefiting personally by corrupting the process than that they are a 100% selfless autistic idiot savant.

Having been a corrupt guild leader and officer in multiple MMOs I can tell you for certain these loot council systems, etc exist only to facilitate corruption. On paper they sound good, but in reality they do not yield results above what a blind bidding system can. The only character that deserves some charity and officer intervention on upgrades is the main tank, and only because doing so increases the total output of the pixel pyramid scheme drastically.

If you are in a guild with a "loot council" and you are not a member of that loot council, you are a subhuman whose participation in your guild is a joke to those running the scheme. You are a mark. You are a Kirby vacuum salesman.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are in a guild with a "loot council" and you are not a member of that loot council, you are a subhuman whose participation in your guild is a joke to those running the scheme. You are a mark. You are a Kirby vacuum salesman.

Hooooovaaaaaaah...

wtf why so rational.. .

Upgrades for the most work is bottom line eh?
Old 10-08-2016, 01:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
There's a ton of different variants and rules surrounding DKP systems. A simple decay system would prevent DKP buildup with set item prices. Or you can go for a suicide kings type of system. Bidding is perfectly fine too but I prefer when its out in the open and not blind. I've been in several guilds over the years with open bids in /gu and it works great. I like as much transparency as possible so there's no question whether or not someone is being shady behind the scenes.

I've said before and I'll say again. I wouldn't trust myself to be fair if I got to decide who gets loot. I would absolutely without question be biased in favor of my friends and people I liked more than those who might deserve it more. So that being the case I find it a little ridiculous for anyone to expect me to completely trust a random elf council more than I'd trust myself with the same job.
Closed Thread