Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Default The night time darkness is reasonable, but the shader thing seems all wrong indoors

I feel like the outside darkness isn't too bad, but the adjustment indoors for like qeynos catacombs etc, especially like on the arena side of the bloodsabers, something is a little goofy there. Its too dark even for the classic human experience. Shader thing is cool though.

Any human visoned people in Guk able to verify there? I know it was so dark it was difficult but absolute pitch black might be a bit much.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like the outside darkness isn't too bad, but the adjustment indoors for like qeynos catacombs etc, especially like on the arena side of the bloodsabers, something is a little goofy there. Its too dark even for the classic human experience. Shader thing is cool though.

Any human visoned people in Guk able to verify there? I know it was so dark it was difficult but absolute pitch black might be a bit much.
Do you have a candle, or any other item which grants you light? Because if not, some places will be pitch black. That's classic.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

For a blind race, places with no light source should be pretty much pitch black, with the exception of the name plates.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Gotta agree, there were places were I was blind like the blind spell almost as a newbie Erudite back in the old days. If anything it seems like there should be more of that, but it was explained to me in the sticky thread that there's a bunch of light sources in cities that they can't get out of titanium.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Indoors like caves and tunnels was pitch black if you didn't have a light. However out under the night sky you could see somethings but it was very hard unless you maxed out your Gamma. However the Gamma slider doesn't seem to be working. On the other hand one of the better zones to see in at night was Everfrost the snow made it easier to see at night.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:06 AM
Sarnak

and some zones... (east karana)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blindek.jpg (14.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

I mean ill accept it in the case of making it harder since the game is too easy in other aspects. The indoor blindness in classic which is the only version I ever had wasnt actually this dark.. But the method for the effect is different so apples to oranges.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

I remember having to just sit out the night by guards in classic. Went afk till dawn!
Old 10-15-2019, 11:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Will this effect be taken away as the expansions are released? Will it become more like what blue is now over time?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember having to just sit out the night by guards in classic. Went afk till dawn!
I remember doing this as well, although, it is a tad more dark than it was back in 99. It is still an awesome feature to have in the game though so, whatever! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread