Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Banned

Lure of Ice is 4.5 seconds and channeling is through the roof (I'll be testing all kinds of shit on that sooner than later hopefully too).

Show me where a melee is going to shut me down in that department as things currently stand. Without a golem wand or assist? He isn't going to get to any of the juicy buffs or my skin. I win the numbers game, and currently, will channel my shit everytime.

Would be happy to demonstrate with a melee as it stands currently and another 4.5 second spell I might have. Bet you I get every single one off, maybe a bash aside (pray to god it doesn't miss) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 01-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Banned

currently channeling is nothing like it was on live i hate to tell you '

i played a wiz at 12 for several years , then leveled him to 20 to pk then again for several years

kept him at 24 to pk in paludal again for several years

and he ended up being a late main which ended up at 90 with 2k AA

i actually had 2 wizards a max and a lowbie one to pvp with

on classic / old eq a caster could not channel well through players hitting them , and haste + procs = shut down , your only hope is being levved which will be annulled by pumices quite fast

you will most likely get 1 lure off which should max 30-40% any person

unless you are nuking them when they are fighting a mob , you get your kunark wake up call very fast

yea sometimes youll win , but you are acting high and mighty when you are shit and have no pvp experience

and dont think anything that happens on red99 is pvp experience , nothing is as it was trust me
Old 01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Default --

Even through Luclin when resists were on every piece of gear, casters more than held their own in PvP. It just becomes more complicated than repeatedly hitting a key and waiting for it to channel.

Nirgon, out of curiosity, where are you pulling information from? Lucid Vision had the only semi useful screenshots I could find. None of the big guilds from SZ have any content still around. As much as I have looked, I can't find anything definitive as much as the information indicates that the resist thresholds from live were much lower than they are here.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

lucid = rallos and they paved the way for the curse , good peoples all of em
Old 01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Back in classic you could camp out of mez
Closed Thread