Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Nice work. So, you say these are immune to soothes...is that because they are actually flagged as immune or just because they have some kind of very large resistance? If they are actually flagged as immune, I wonder if that might affect the mechanics.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Very nice work.

I've long been wondering if the different spells in the line Lull, Soothe etc. have different resist rates and effectiveness against varying mobs levels. It was my understanding on live this was not the case, that they only varied in their duration and agro/social radius. However, P99 may have been coded differently.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So between numerous characters of mine who use various lull lines, I've really wanted to put some numbers to the effect of charisma on reducing crit resist rates. Specifically I am always wondering if for example pulling on a paladin, it is worth the effort to switch in a +20 cha item or the like.
It's clear from your test results, but yes I always carried CHA gear on my Pally for a sketchy pull. The Luminary 2H sword that procs Glamour is a godsend for this too. Totally worth it, doesn't take long to swap in big CHA items.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

This is awesome. Thanks for doing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

I love this post. Great job!
Old 06-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty certain it was, or at least at 255, I rarely had agro on failures
Nah. i think a lot of the resists, especially crit lull, are way too favorable on P99.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very nice work.

I've long been wondering if the different spells in the line Lull, Soothe etc. have different resist rates and effectiveness against varying mobs levels. It was my understanding on live this was not the case, that they only varied in their duration and agro/social radius. However, P99 may have been coded differently.
I wonder the same. I believe the higher spells have fewer critical resists based on my experience playing enchanter on blue and red. However, my charisma also increased around the time I acquired the spells so I might be mistakenly attributing the reduction of critical failures to the spell.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice work. So, you say these are immune to soothes...is that because they are actually flagged as immune or just because they have some kind of very large resistance? If they are actually flagged as immune, I wonder if that might affect the mechanics.
The mobs he tested this on were immune to the spell used due to mobs level. Soothe has a lower level cap.

From a bard point of view; we get 1 lull song that caps at 55? Will not work on mobs 56+... however I will not get agro off of the higher level mobs unless lull actually critical fails.

I don't have numbers or logs, but from appearances, I seem to have a much much easier time consistently landing lull on high level mobs compared to pal or enc.
I rarely have more than 150 cha and typically float at 141 during these lulls.
However, regardless of what other people say about wind modifier ( claims that it doesn't work ) I have personally experienced a consistent lower rate of critical fails while using the 25mod flute from PoG compared to no flute.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

PoG flute has +CHA on it. WInd still only modifies -MR on mezzes.

Lvl >>>>>>>>>> cha > anyhthing else for lull
Old 06-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Banned

Fantastic work, good to see someone actually providing numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Likewise, I wonder if the target level has any impact on crit resist rate. My GUESS is no, but I could be way off.
Considering how highly dependent general spell resistance is upon level, I would think crit resists for this are as well. But, I don't have the numbers to back it up.
Closed Thread