Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thing I don’t recall was ever seeing someone use a primal weapon during live. I feel like a primal would have been useful pretty much forever. 100 attack is great at any period of the game, but I don’t remember ever seeing one
Any guild that killed Warders would have had multiple Primals. They typically dropped 3-4 per kill IIRC.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Banned

My guild on Xev was doing Plane of Hate/Fear and dragons like Talendor as their raiding. Talendor was on some rotation system too shared amongst a few guilds.

This was during velious era too.

On Xev I remember there was one super elite guild and it was rumored you couldnt even app unless you had your epic.

For most people I think having Kunark tradeables and a dew raid pieces was as good as it got.

P99 kinda skews the raid scene a ton and I think thats why there are alot of people addicted to raiding here as it simply just wasnt something that 90% of the pop did much off on live.

I knew of the raid zones on live but didnt know anything about them - and tbh never touched VP/Trak/VS/Fay and most of Velious till P99.

I remember doing arena a few times and killing vindi once.

So in short no...the concept of BiS was for a tiny portion of the EQ community. Getting your epic was a BALLER move not running around drippijg in NtoV gear and to be frank most people would have inspected ntov geared toons and had no clue what they were looking at anyhow.
Last edited by White_knight; 07-06-2019 at 09:57 PM..
Old 07-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Also velious was “beat” in a few weeks with kunark gear - so velious gear is largely irrelevant on this box.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

On live they weren't time locked for 10+ years at velious. So no, nobody was full BIS. Especially when Luclin came out and new BIS was around.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

People did not have full BiS on live. Expansions came out about every year and people did not have all the knowledge that people had here. People didn't have BiS Kunark when Velious came out and they certainly weren't killing bosses so early on. AoW and Tunare were killed just a handful of times before Luclin.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 07-06-2019, 10:42 PM
Banned

I never seen a BIS item on live or a primal in use, didn't know they existed.
Last edited by Mblake81; 07-06-2019 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-07-2019, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people did not have all the knowledge that people had here. .
I did not know how bad I was at EQ until I played on P99 a few years... it was quite an eye opening experience. Ate quite a slice of humble pie when I started raiding here.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-07-2019, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did not know how bad I was at EQ until I played on P99 a few years... it was quite an eye opening experience. Ate quite a slice of humble pie when I started raiding here.
*shrug*, being "good" at EQ / P99 is simply a matter of time you spend playing. There are no problems to solve in this game and no skill really involved (unless you factor in PvP).

The less time you spend IRL with your friends, family, or studying / working / traveling, the better you can be at EQ.

Don't know if there ever was any humble pie to be had.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:35 AM
Banned

This is going to be dependent entirely on class, of course, but I’ve found that there’s a veritable gear plateau on my torp shaman that I never really felt pre-luclin on live. Get to 3k hp and over 1k ac, and any gear improvement has felt roughly the same. This is probably not going to be the case on my SK, who has a real “thirst” for gear, but there’s definitely a plateau for many classes in terms of “good gear” vs “BiS” even making the game noticeably different for people.

Anyone want to chime in?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

For some reason, people feel entitled here and every casual believes they deserve raid loot. Most people on live didn't dream of the day