Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 10:39 AM
VIP / Contributor

I really hate to disappoint you but - do you seriously think that I remember what you're talking about? This has stuck in your craw for a decade?

Rules are rules, peace has to be kept, and in 2011 this was a volunteer project with 1200 players on at any given moment and 3 people AT MOST to deal with everything. The amount of disputes VASTLY exceeded the time available to address them. There's no self-doubt or hand-wringing over decisions. You don't expect you get them all right. You do the best you can and you move on.

You obviously knew what the rules were, but chose to push your luck regardless, and then really expected that you'd get to turn it into a ten hour jury trial? Over a forum account that takes 2 minutes to make? Ain't nobody got time for that. And nobody should feel bad for telling you to suck it up. Not even now.

But if you need to turn this thread into a group counseling session for ten year old complaints that no one can change, then be my guest. Personally I'd be embarrassed, but you clearly need the catharsis and closure.

It doesn't take anything away from me. I don't even remember who you are.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:43 AM
Banned

Based
Old 10-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all due respect, I don't think that is true. I think you're telling yourself that to assure yourself and remove self doubt.

So as you see, perhaps you need to redress your confidence. Mistakes happen and there isn't a complaint for every disciplinary action, likewise we can't ascribe every complaint at a disciplinary action 'par for the course'
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hate to disappoint you but - do you seriously think that I remember what you're talking about? This has stuck in your craw for a decade?

Rules are rules, peace has to be kept, and in 2011 this was a volunteer project with 1200 players on at any given moment and 3 people AT MOST to deal with everything. The amount of disputes VASTLY exceeded the time available to address them. There's no self-doubt or hand-wringing over decisions. You don't expect you get them all right. You do the best you can and you move on.

You obviously knew what the rules were, but chose to push your luck regardless, and then really expected that you'd get to turn it into a ten hour jury trial? Over a forum account that takes 2 minutes to make? Ain't nobody got time for that. And nobody should feel bad for telling you to suck it up. Not even now.

But if you need to turn this thread into a group counseling session for ten year old complaints that no one can change, then be my guest. Personally I'd be embarrassed, but you clearly need the catharsis and closure.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-18-2019 at 11:12 AM..
Old 10-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

I think my favorite event was the gay dwarf wedding you held.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:47 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think my favorite event was the gay dwarf wedding you held.
You should have seen the honeymoon.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's up?

hi

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Was this in reply to me? You seem to have completely missed the point of my post.

You had nothing to do with my disciplinary, and i don't expect you to know or care. I am not looking for sympathy or some kind of ammends.

The point is, you said for every disciplinary there is someone who disagrees with it. I pointed out that is demonstrably wrong through my personal experience.

People have accused you of glossing over details, jumping to conclusions and a refusal to look back. I'm not saying your reply to me is doing exactly these things, nor am I willing to take heed to your haters and refuse to give you the benefit of the doubt, but i think this might be the last time I try to open a dialogue with you. It looks like such action may result in unpredictable consequences.

Anyway, good luck on your return to the post. All the volunteers here are what make the game, whether CSR, bug testers or players.
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-18-2019 at 02:04 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

i for one am outraged to learn about this jimjam ban and will be furiously postijng about it for the next several pages
Old 10-18-2019, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
There's no vindication for you here.
That has a rich ripe scent, considering you made this thread to stroke your ego.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:41 PM
Banned

rentA freeA liViN
Closed Thread