Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Red face Charming Etiquette (from other camps)

I was at the goblin camp in HHK, I had Osargen charmed (and had him charmed for about 5 hours before this) while grouping, a druid came up and said "oh... you have osargen..." "rip wanted to camp for xp :/ guess im screwed" And then proceeded to /tell me "with you cahrming you are claiming 2 camps which is illegal, in the discord getting all this info, please drop osargen". Followed by a bit of bickering in /ooc, I didn't respond to any of it (but my group sure did). My group mates assured me that I was fine to keep him.

They ended up logging out before anything came of their claims of "reported you for scumbaggery", I thought it was quite rude to demand me to drop my pet!

There is no loot off this mob aside from the mage weapons we had given him, and he backstabs so he's superior to other mobs in the zone for charm dps.

Was I wrong for not dropping the pet so this druid could camp him? I want to get a clear understanding of how this works to avoid future conflicts as I am new to enchanter, thanks!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 05-26-2020, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

That druid seems like a real charmer...
Old 05-26-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Not a fan of the way it sounded like he went about resolving this conflict.

I mean, could you as an enc say Orsargen was your camp, and you were killing unclaimed FFA mobs?
Old 05-26-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

The official rules (Play Nice Policies) basically don't address charming, and in fact those rules don't let you "own a mob" ... you can only own a "spawn point". To "own that point", you have to be the last person to kill a mob that spawned from that point.

As long as you didn't charm a mob that someone had recently killed, by my elf lawyering you are 100% in the clear, both in "elf law", and in "common law" (I think 95+% of players would agree what you did was fine).

However, I would like to take this opportunity to point out one asshole thing I see charmers do sometimes, that is (per my reading anyway) a violation of the rules: please do not release your pet somewhere that will make it wander back on someone else's fight!

This happens in PoM a lot: a Druid will charm an animal from A1, bring it to A4 for a fight, and then release it in A4 ... causing it to path back through A4-A1 ... and effectively training anyone else fighting at A4-A1,

THINK about where your pet is going to go after you release them, and if they will train someone DON'T DO IT! It's the same as purposefully training them in any other way, at least in my book.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like he was trying to make the argument that by charming Os you were thus "camping" him as well as a gob camp in the basement (I assume).

He's wrong, of course, and even if Os would die his first respawn will be an FTE.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Red face

Thank you for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, I would like to take this opportunity to point out one asshole thing I see charmers do sometimes, that is (per my reading anyway) a violation of the rules: please do not release your pet somewhere that will make it wander back on someone else's fight!
This is good advice and I would be very certain not to do stuff like this, I've been pretty careful thus far.

I just don't like to cause trouble for anyone, but felt it wasn't right for him to tell me to release my pet, as a side note I would never charm a mob for an extended period of time that dropped some sort of loot, or was for a quest of some sort.

I hope the elf lawyer fees I've accumulated in the last 30 minutes don't bury me!

Old 05-26-2020, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

I mean if the staff came into the situation while it was ongoing I think there’s a chance they would say that you have to release the mob so someone else can kill it. I think it would probably be limited to situations like this where it’s a specific spawn and there aren’t other mobs of his level around that aren’t camped for the player to kill (I.e. no one is ever going to say you need to release your wandering trash mob or your Froglok in Guk for example).

Doesn’t mean the Druid isn’t being a dick given the long standing practice of Osargen being charmed by the HHK group. Going there thinking he’s going to be up for you to kill us just dumb on the Druid’s part and then he’s a jerk for trying to rule lawyer there.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

When I used to charm Osargen in the basement on Blue for that stint, I had 2 occasions across 3-5 groups where someone asked for him wanting to camp him. I released him for them to camp him and chose a different mob to charm. I think I grabbed the weaker princess. Someone had this issue recently on the forums and I want to find it, but ultimately I believe in giving up a separate camps mob if someone intends to camp it, especially with the state of green's overpopulation.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Banned

Maybe Osargen prefers chillin in muhh goblin slAYer grOuP
Didja ever think of that?!
Old 05-26-2020, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Osargen prefers chillin in muhh goblin slAYer grOuP
Didja ever think of that?!
Slain by a druid every 20 min or whatever his spawn is, or, slay goblins for the good of us all while slowly getting dressed in bronze armor, the choice is clear.

Closed Thread