Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...the previous download was compatible with both servers as have been the majority of past P99 'betas' and the original post did not indicate a separate install was necessary.
As an addendum, by switching a couple of files (i switched spelldata and the .dll) from 50d and 50f around I can use the updated lighting on either server which is as it should be since the updated lighting should be on 'blue' anyway (and hopefully it will be, once the kinks are worked out). Bit of a hassle to switch the files back-and-forth depending which server I want to play on, but IMO less of a hassle than maintaining two wholly separate installs.

Danth
Old 10-15-2019, 03:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

are hybrid classes gonna take the exp penalty?? like pallys 40%?
Old 10-15-2019, 03:37 AM
Aviak

I downloaded the patch and installed it and now I can't login. I get this error when trying to log into blue: "One or more of your Everquest Files are not the correct Titanium version for Project 1999. You will not be able to play until the files listed in red are replaced with correct versions. spells_us.txt (731221104)
Old 10-15-2019, 03:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflanigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I downloaded the patch and installed it and now I can't login. I get this error when trying to log into blue: "One or more of your Everquest Files are not the correct Titanium version for Project 1999. You will not be able to play until the files listed in red are replaced with correct versions. spells_us.txt (731221104)
I fixed it. I grabbed that file from the 50d patch files and it's working now.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tichotraxs1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are hybrid classes gonna take the exp penalty?? like pallys 40%?
Of course.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Just downloaded and started playing. Started in Oggok, it was fine. When I zoned into Ferrott, it appeared brighter, but then when i opened options it went back to being darker again.

Secondly, as soon as I zoned into Ferrott, the world was not as green anymore, it was desaturated (the ground appeared and looked as if you were walking on the moon...gray).

I will keep playing to test.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Update. Innothule Swamp appears the same...very grayed out in appearance for me. No greenish colors popping out. Not sure if it's just me or what.

Update 2: I found the issue. If there is not a light source near the textures, they all appear to be desaturated or grayed out in color. I am attaching an image that shows this. You can see the colors on the ground with light source near it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by skorge; 10-15-2019 at 06:38 AM..
Old 10-15-2019, 07:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just downloaded and started playing. Started in Oggok, it was fine. When I zoned into Ferrott, it appeared brighter, but then when i opened options it went back to being darker again.

Secondly,
Update.
Update 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
full overhaul to Nighttime Darkness
For more information, feedback, and bug reporting, please see this thread.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Excellent changes. I look forward to not being able to look forward.

I made human ranger on green to test important cool elements like this. Looking forward to getting that elite greater light stone.

Even as an elf and halfling I remember greater lightstones being definitely worthwhile when cruising in night time.

Best game just got better. Nice work gang.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Don’t forget that that light source would make your corpse glow, sometimes making it easier to find!

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Can't wait to sell lightstones at T1, starting sales at midnight.
Closed Thread