Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-29-2020, 06:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Persistent "You Have Been Disconnected" Issues

Hello all!

I am new to Project 1999 and EverQuest in general but really excited to play! However, I seem to have persistent problems staying connected once I enter world. I will get through all the steps, booting up the game, server select etc., no problem, but once I am on my character, I am either extremely laggy to where it is unplayable, or I disconnect within 5 minutes by getting the black screen with the text "You Have Been Disconnected". The odd thing is when I tried using my phone as a hotspot, the connection works fine and I can play! This is ok for the short term, but I'd like to figure out what could be happening in the meantime. We browsed the forums for other people having similar issues but could not find anything resolved the issue. I would really appreciate any insight any of you could share!

Some additional info:
- I live with someone who also plays (my boyfriend). I applied for an IP exemption at the beginning of the month in the Petition forum and it was approved last week.
- I got a brand new gaming laptop/PC from Alienware last week (so we could play this together as well as other games). Top of the line graphics card and RAM etc. Running Windows 10. We've read that some newer PCs have issues with multi-core processors but given the fact that EQ runs perfectly fine on my phone's hotspot connection, I do not think that the processor is the issue.
- His PC works EQ just fine with our ISP connection.
- I have this connection issue regardless if it is just me playing or both of us trying to play (on our respective PCs)
- Using our ISP, I am able to play any other game (Anthem, Portal, Warzone etc) with no connection issues

Things I have tried:
- Using our ISP and then connecting via a VPN service on my PC - same laggy/disconnect issues
- Uninstalling/reinstalling EQ Titanium and the additional EQemu/P99 steps (patchme shortcut, patch files etc)
- Using our ISP via wireless or ethernet connection
- Disabling all firewalls
- Logging onto his account on my PC - same laggy/disconnect issues
- Logging onto my account on his PC - no issues

So given everything we have tried, it seems we have narrowed it down to be specifically using our ISP on my PC. Is there anything else I can try on my end to fix this? Or if it is something on the ISP's end, is there something specifically I need to ask them to get it fixed?

I would be super grateful to any help you can share!

Thank you!! =)
Old 07-30-2020, 03:19 AM
Aviak

I had very similar problems that came out of nowhere 6-8 weeks ago. Prior to that I had no issues. I made a ton of troubleshooting attempts and nothing helped. Got a VPN and it fixed it entirely. If anyone does have more info on what causes it and how else to fix it I'd love to know
Old 07-30-2020, 04:15 AM
Kobold

You say you’ve tried wireless and Ethernet on off your router and both react the same? When you get disconnected on Everquest, is internet still working? Does Alienware use killer network or something that manages your network adapters?
Old 07-30-2020, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

run dxdiag and post the first screen while blocking any personnel information
Old 07-30-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Try flushing your DNS on your computer. Open command prompt or powershell as admin and type the following commands:

Quote:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset
And then restart computer.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Since it is a new computer you may also want to download & install the latest drivers for your computer and then delete the eqclient.ini file and let the game generate a new one.