Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, you are being snide. And rude. And completely ignorant.
I like that part, a little meritless embellishment to legitimize your argument beyond the moral high ground. Personally, I'd like an opportunity to finish out my character with the penalty in place. It will be close (for me), but not quite going to happen :/

Discrimination is a fact of life and one can either quail in their mothers skirts validating it or ignore it and denying it both legitimacy and victory. I choose the latter and encourage others to do the same. Those who do not, bring shame not only unto themselves, but also to all with whom they share the discriminated commonality.

Take pride in yourself and your choices. Overcome or begone!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discrimination is a fact of life and one can either quail in their mothers skirts validating it or ignore it and denying it both legitimacy and victory. I choose the latter and encourage others to do the same. Those who do not, bring shame not only unto themselves, but also to all with whom they share the discriminated commonality.

Well, a lot of things are a fact of life, but I fail to see the point of your argument when the whole point is that those in charge of P99 can more or less flick a switch and shut the hybrid xp penalty off. Why keep it on, at this point? There's literally no reason to.

I think the issue here is that you have a hybrid who you've nearly levelled to 60 despite the penalty. Good for you. But for whatever selfish reason, you seem to want everyone else to face that same adversity. That doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Kobold

I've got a job and full time gf, aint got time for no hybrid penalty!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Xp penalties suck and are stupid. Hybrid penalty is extra-special stupid in Kunark era.

XP penalties are stupid and wrong, but if you're gonna penalize classes for being OP the targets should be something more like...

vanilla: Necro, Enchanter, & Bard (80% all three) and other hybrids (40%)
kunark: Necro, Enchanter, Shaman, & Bard (80% all four), and Monk (40%)
velious: Monk (80%) and Shaman & Bard (40%)

Don't matter tho. Game has many flaws, it's still a fun game and that's why we play it.

@Lorian: if the reason you're playing is to accumulate levels there's no saving you, sorry.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But for whatever selfish reason, you seem to want everyone else to face that same adversity.
Presumptuous aren't we?

Here's how it works: the developers strive to follow a classic sequence of events. If they can do it at the correct time intervals then they do, but if they can't they at least hold to the correct sequence wherever they can. This is the reason Velious is not out yet. You can disagree with it if you like, but that is their management philosophy and it is shared by the majority of the target playerbase.

I just want to finish my character before this change lands. It doesn't matter to me what you do aside from the shame you bring upon us all ^^
Last edited by maskedmelon; 04-08-2015 at 12:39 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

YA!@ Transvestite pride! Oh wait. HYBRID PRIDE... .. Same thing?

What are we talking about again?
Old 04-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a job and full time gf, aint got time for no hybrid penalty!
I squeeze out an average of 8-9 hours per week of playtime. It's plenty doable ^^
Old 04-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I squeeze out an average of 8-9 hours per week of playtime. It's plenty doable ^^
... How long did it take you to get 60 on your hybrid at that rate? I think I had 21 days of play time on my ranger when I hit 60 and I didn't do much messing around. That would be 56 weeks of play time at 9 hours per week.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YA!@ Transvestite pride! Oh wait. HYBRID PRIDE... .. Same thing?

What are we talking about again?
Lol, spoken like a true ranger ^^
Old 04-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Aviak

I've enjoyed the nostalgia trip here for a couple months but I fail to see the point in following a patch schedule from 2000 when there are so many other variances here from how things worked back in Live. The majority of which are trivial but many are not. My personal preference would be to encourage the best/balanced version of classic EQ that can be made available. Realizing that what exactly that is or at what point in EQ's lifespan that was will be different for everyone. Luclin onwards definitely is where my interest (and free-time) waned originally.

But simple (not new or additional content) quality of life fixes like the removal of class xp penalties that may not have gone Live till 2 months into Velious seems long overdue here. I do recall there being further XP system changes around this era to promote the grouping system (6th person became free or 0 change to XP rewards to all part members) but my memory is way too hazy as to when this occurred and am pretty sure it was a series of cumulative fixes.

It's the developers of p1999's decision how & when to implement things and as I understand it this is an expensive $ and time-consuming hobby for them, like most people (myself as well) who played the game at release having moved on to full-time jobs and raising families. So whining on the state of things seems pretty ridiculous but I think the classic (true but bad idea) class xp penalty is one of the main things that hinders the growth of new player population.
Closed Thread