Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Lord Nilbog demands sacrifice upon the altar of classic Everquest. He brokers no excuses, his thirst will not be sated. Come all ye, lay thine head upon the chopping block and thank your savior for the chance!
Old 04-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Lorian: if the reason you're playing is to accumulate levels there's no saving you, sorry.
Not sure I agree. Grinding levels has always been the whole point with EQ, this is definitely not a quest focused MMORPG. However, the grinding sometimes comes with fun and interaction, but quite often it is just pure and simple grinding. This pure grinding could be cut shorter by not punish the classes with worst soloability.

As above post questioned, why has a humble Paladin 40% xp penalty but a one-man-army-of-destruction Necro only 10%?
Old 04-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

I like my penalty... makes me feel like a manly man for overcoming bigotry, oppression, and a classist system!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

I feel my penalty makes me a better bigot, oppressor, and classist when I hit 60 myself.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like my penalty... makes me feel like a manly man for overcoming bigotry, oppression, and a classist system!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel my penalty makes me a better bigot, oppressor, and classist when I hit 60 myself.
So there you go. Manly rangers and mangina ranger oppressors agree: they like the "feels" they get from the hybrid XP penalty. No doubt they'd rather get their feels from some live person, possibly of the female persuasion, but when you're an elf-sim emulator ranger I suppose you have to take your feels however you can get them.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

The servers already not classic. Get rid of this bullshit.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So there you go. Manly rangers and mangina ranger oppressors agree: they like the "feels" they get from the hybrid XP penalty. No doubt they'd rather get their feels from some live person, possibly of the female persuasion, but when you're an elf-sim emulator ranger I suppose you have to take your feels however you can get them.
If you're gonna post RnF outside of RnF, try to make it funny. But yes, I do enjoy the penalty. Level 60 is the death of your character. I like my ranger and she's nice enough to stay in 59 until, from how it seems so far, somewhere around the end of time.
Last edited by Cecily; 04-08-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is NOT RnF, keep your derogatory posts out of this
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

sorry
Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

I'll probably quit once the penalty is removed. It fucking nauseates me to watch as the underdog classes I love get an influx by the same community-fucking, exp-maxing, WoW-mentality people who were complete assholes to the people who loved the classes in spite of their flaws.

I also find it sad that we had 7 years of people thinking the exp penalty mean the entire groups exp was cut by 40%, and now it's over and no fucking apology or shame. People would deny a level 25 paladin but take a level 28 wizard when the wizard gave an even bigger penalty.

Not trying to be RnF, but some of these posts are enraging.