Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue has alot of bad mom and dads' players.
red has a lot of toxic. what's the difference? both create bad experiences.
Smac - Barbarian Mystic
Old 05-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

I think this is just a matter of more people trying classes they never played in the past. Don't necessarily know all the ins and outs of the class. I can say I never knew about shadow vortex however I only played an SK once to like 30s-40s.

Maybe just impart more info to group members if this is something your running into more often.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is just a matter of more people trying classes they never played in the past. Don't necessarily know all the ins and outs of the class. I can say I never knew about shadow vortex however I only played an SK once to like 30s-40s.

Maybe just impart more info to group members if this is something your running into more often.
I actually see more pallies that don't know what spells to use. Half of them seem to think to get aggro they need to spam their stuns then they run OOM and wonder why.

I always tell these pallies to just spam their nice little blind spell its less of a mana hog, and holds aggro great.

I also see pallies that seem to not know how to root park mobs when we don't have a CC class.

Actually, I see lots of classes with root that don't use root for parking mobs. Like wizards.

99% of the wizards I see either nuke maybe once a fight (yay shitty dps!), or they nuke when the mob is at 70% grabbing aggro instantly, then they run around in circles making it so the melee cannot hit the mob, instead of rooting the thing.

Wizards also seem to not realize they can help the group with rooting mobs when needed.

Basically I find wizards to be the shittiest class to group with. Only met 1-2 wizards where I enjoyed their company AND they performed well in a group using their spells appropriately.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

I've been inspired by this thread to continue playing my original character!

Hit 33!

Been soloing in Najena because I am too terribad for groups.

Edit:

regarding wizards I view their primary role as rooting, secondary task interrupt push/stun, tertiary add kiting then finally burst dps.

but I R bad.
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-09-2017 at 12:32 PM..
Old 05-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Kobold

I think the main problem with SK's or tanks in general is that they don't set a good pace for the group. A good group tank will have another mob mez broken and attacking him as soon as the current one is dead.

As an sk, this is a lot easier to do than a war or pal because you can break mez with disease cloud from a distance. If you have previously shadow vortex'd the mob, you can almost guarantee you will get aggro when you break with disease cloud. For this reason, I don't like when enchanters root every single mob but I won't tell them not to because I do play an enchanter and I understand the importance of rooting.

If you consistently play like this, your group will adapt to your fast pace and you will all level faster and clear more mobs.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Pre-aggroing the next mob to be processed by dps is a great tip!
Old 05-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an sk, this is a lot easier to do than a war or pal because you can break mez with disease cloud from a distance.
This is kinda true, but Paladin level 30 stun doesn't break mez and can be casted from a distance. Getting in melee range and Flash of Light isn't a big D most of the time either.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

As a ranger, I don't believe it's possible to tank poorly on a hybrid. Flame lick awake things. Ensnare sleeping things.
Same thing. Not possible to screw that up.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually see more pallies that don't know what spells to use. Half of them seem to think to get aggro they need to spam their stuns then they run OOM and wonder why.

I always tell these pallies to just spam their nice little blind spell its less of a mana hog, and holds aggro great.

I also see pallies that seem to not know how to root park mobs when we don't have a CC class.

Actually, I see lots of classes with root that don't use root for parking mobs. Like wizards.

99% of the wizards I see either nuke maybe once a fight (yay shitty dps!), or they nuke when the mob is at 70% grabbing aggro instantly, then they run around in circles making it so the melee cannot hit the mob, instead of rooting the thing.

Wizards also seem to not realize they can help the group with rooting mobs when needed.

Basically I find wizards to be the shittiest class to group with. Only met 1-2 wizards where I enjoyed their company AND they performed well in a group using their spells appropriately.
Yah can confirm this.

If you're a wiz in a group you should have an evac, a root, and your snare (ya I know its aoe) up at all times.

But...........it's like meeting sks and pals that dont use FoL/DC as agro generators.

Also yes on Paladins not using enstill or even root.

(P.s leave ur super low level root spell up on your spell bar...then you u have a low mana, fast cast instant proxy agro utility that you can then use to throw a fol on before it breaks)

P.s.s also great for opening up on mezzed mobs (30mana to secture the mob in position -- now dats smart)
Last edited by Beastagoog; 05-11-2017 at 09:51 PM..
Old 05-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Kobold

On another note, nothing makes me more mad than asking rogues to stay at max melee distance and them replying that I should stand closer.
Closed Thread