Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway... thought "manspreading" was going to be a complaint about men sitting with their legs open.
That's what I took away from it. Was I wrong?
Old 12-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, strollers shouldn't be allowed on public transportation for safety issues... unless they want to put it on the bicycle rack outside.
Disagree here. Small strollers that can easily be folded and tucked away/set aside need to always be allowed. It's impractical to carry small children around without a stroller, especially with more than one, and there are many parents who either choose to take or have to take public transportation with their kids.

I do agree, however, that very large/unwieldy strollers need to be left at home. If it can't fold up and be tucked under a single section of seating, set aside near the front, or even tucked above the seating where bags are kept on some buses, it shouldn't be allowed on, or the owner should be required to occupy the same space as the stroller itself (ie, sit on it).

All that being said... Good find Kag. Manspreading? The fucK? Since when is this a thing, first of all, and second, why the fuck is it gender specific? As if every woman tucks neatly and tightly into a ball when on a bus/subway. Pretty sure any guy who was confused by this term would have easily recognized it's less idiotic phrasing - "laying your shit everywhere". Yes, "your shit" includes body parts. Get that shit away from my seat.

I sincerely hope someone a few posts down suddenly discovers this was all a hoax.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Feminists think of some godawful cute names for dumb shit, but if you're taking up an ordinate amount of space on public transportation, regardless of your gender, you're an asshole.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Rather inordinate* If you're taking up an ordinate amount of space on public transportation, regardless of your gender, you have a blessed day and go with christ.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Default First world feminist problems...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manspreading? The fucK? Since when is this a thing, first of all, and second, why the fuck is it gender specific?

I sincerely hope someone a few posts down suddenly discovers this was all a hoax.
+1. Also personally I am more concerned about fatspreading
Old 12-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a good one! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congratulations, on being nominated for "The biggest sore loser in the history of the universe". There are no winners though. Here's your participation trophy.
I won, new law and you have never been on a subway in your life.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Banned

Never being on a subway in your life, in my opinion, means you are doing something right. Like you know, owning your own vehicle and being responsible for your own transportation.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Anyway... thought "manspreading" was going to be a complaint about men sitting with their legs open.
Same here, wth is it if not that?

I say we change it to this