Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Aviak

Thumbs up New models?

Hey,

I was setting here thinking. Why isn't there any option for the new models? Of course, the first thing that will be said is "HEY THATS NOT CLASSIC!" Well, bards being nerfed isnt classic and theres other things that arent correct like pet models (which i havent checked but im sure you can turn on and off). I think it would be cool if players could have the choice for new models. I am not sure if that would make the server lag more and thats the reason why theres not a choice. Anyhow, i was just wondering. I would like to be able to see the cool looking robes and ogres that dont take up the whole hall in guk. Jus saying it would be nice to have the "CHOICE". Emphasis on choice cause im sure someone (after saying "THATS NOT CLASSIC") is going to be like i dont want them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rock on with your bad selves,

Virtue Enlightenment [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltinecracker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to be able to see the cool looking robes and ogres that dont take up the whole hall in guk.
I think you might be the only person in all of EQ that actually wants to see the Luclin Ogre models.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

It's not in the game, it's not going to be in the game, get over it. Thread # 9 million on this topic.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Aviak

thats gay ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not in the game, it's not going to be in the game, get over it. Thread # 9 million on this topic.
Something that warrants 9 million threads should be pretty important shouldn't it? I don't understand the vehemence by people like you dismissing this. If you don't like it don't support it, that isn't to say you should put people down who want it. This is an issue with zero gameplay impact and I think it should be an option for people who want it.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something that warrants 9 million threads should be pretty important shouldn't it? I don't understand the vehemence by people like you dismissing this. If you don't like it don't support it, that isn't to say you should put people down who want it. This is an issue with zero gameplay impact and I think it should be an option for people who want it.

No, its not important. This is a server that is not only supposed to be classic, but LUCLIN WILL NEVER EXIST ON THIS SERVER. This has already been discussed at length and the dev's said they are not enabling LUCLIN models.

How anyone could ever want to look at models which many old school EQ'ers consider RUINED the game is beyond me.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Orc

Zero gameplay impact. You obviously wouldn't use them, I would use a couple and you would never know. I'm just saying each player should have the option, to not allow someone to make their own decision about their own setup is just asinine. You might as well tell people they're not allowed to change the UI.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zero gameplay impact. You obviously wouldn't use them, I would use a couple and you would never know. I'm just saying each player should have the option, to not allow someone to make their own decision about their own setup is just asinine. You might as well tell people they're not allowed to change the UI.
Here. read what Nilbog had to say about it. Then moooooove on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://project1999.org/forums/showth...=luclin+models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Orc

Thanks? That link does nothing but help my argument. Nilbog knows that its selfish and asinine to not allow the models to be active because they don't fit his view of how the server should be. It is his server so I can't make him change it but he knows that he is imposing unnecessary restrictions on his players just because he can. I'll stick to my view and express for the last time I'd rather be able to make my own decision on this matter.
Closed Thread