Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 02:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same thing happened with WoW Classic. Prior to the splitting of the servers I would be in zones and kept getting jumped by the Alliance. Random players I didn't even know would get my back. Was it difficult to level up? Of course, but it was exciting.

Once they split the servers the excitement and thrill were gone. After that you could be standing around all alone with nobody but you for as far as you could see. No more getting jumped, no more thrill of play, no more meeting random people through circumstances....but you had the whole of zones all to yourself. You could log in ... to a hollow world.

This just happened with P99 Green/Teal. No more thrill for the same reasons the thrill of Classic WoW lost the thrill. Neither game should have split the servers to make things easier on people. Those people that came for the thrill found themselves standing alone in a forest wondering wtf is everyone. It's BYOF - bring your own friends ... now. It could have been a great thrill forever playing through the entire journey just like week 1. Now it won't. Sad. All for the sake of convenience.
Pretty much this. Splitting the servers really defeats the purpose of playing on them in the first place.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-07-2019, 03:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The normies (employed, good looking, roleplayers) figured out what they are up against ( unemployed, disability, ugly, power gamers)
Old 12-07-2019, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I know personally I'm about to quit because I don't like playing EverQuest without breeze and clarity and I'm not waiting a GD year for them to put breeze in.
Play a tank, melee, Necro then.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

I live in Japan and play after work my time, which is like early early morning NA time(3a-7a). I also play on Teal, the server with the smaller popuation. I have no problem finding groups to join every day and I'm a ranger. If you aren't finding groups and seeing empty zones then you're looking in the wrong places or you're antisocial. This thread is dumb.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff is going to run this server into the ground. Once a new tlp server comes out, see what happens.
I for one can't wait for all those TLP people to leave.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff is going to run this server into the ground. Once a new tlp server comes out, see what happens.
TLP is nothing like EQ... Even more so than P99.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

In other news, wanting to quit over Breeze not being in game seems like some sort of runaway placebo effect. It's 2 mana a tick--next to nothing. The Magicians who can't obtain their high level pet spells have a much more valid gripe.

I figure most the folks who want a server merge either play at minimum-population hours or are twits who're mad that they don't have a totally captive population to grief. Populations are fine during middle-to-peak hours.

Danth
Old 12-07-2019, 07:43 AM
Banned

Unhappy !!!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’ve crying about it all week. Move on to something else.

Christ some people are annoying...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]:eek

Sounds dangerous!!!
Old 12-07-2019, 07:44 AM
Banned

Exclamation IM TALKING

Quote:
YOU'RE a chump, Roth!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2019, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You're adorable.