Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool lets roll out the gulags then. thanks for allowing me to probe the depths of your authoritarian madness, i did indeed sense the abyss staring back.
Lets say you are watching a group of children and one is getting out of control and causing problems with the other children. Is it a crime against humanity to separate the problem child so he can cool down for a short period? I understand you want every child to be happy all the time but often times you have to make tough decisions and some people are going to be unhappy. For national security, some times freedom is curbed. There exists war time emergency powers too that give elected leaders more power to protect the citizens. Yes, often times freedoms are curbed in these cases by design.

And also US internment camps were very far from horrible conditions and gulags but I can see how pushing the gulag idea would be helpful for the narrative you are trying to push.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets say you are watching a group of children and one is getting out of control and causing problems with the other children. Is it a crime against humanity to separate the problem child so he can cool down for a short period?
the government isnt your mom and its unconstitutional to detain citizens without due process.
Quote:
And also US internment camps were very far from horrible conditions and gulags but I can see how pushing the gulag idea would be helpful for the narrative you are trying to push.
oh okay, well as long as theyre the nice detention camps
Old 12-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still waiting for your list of Constitutional scholars that say Trump shouldn't be impeached. Guessing that's not something that was real and you just made it up.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't detention where you have to stay late after school and maybe do extra studying?

There is an asian stereotype joke in here somewhere...
Old 12-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the government isnt your mom and its unconstitutional to detain citizens without due process.

oh okay, well as long as theyre the nice detention camps
I didn't know this was a discussion about legality. I'm simply pointing out that internment camps have been successfully used throughout history and they will continue to be used whether or not the US does. If the situation calls for one and we can't execute it, we'll have to live with heightened security risks. But at least we aren't racist right?!
Old 12-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't know this was a discussion about legality. I'm simply pointing out that internment camps have been successfully used throughout history and they will continue to be used whether or not the US does. If the situation calls for one and we can't execute it, we'll have to live with heightened security risks. But at least we aren't racist right?!
You sound like the type of guy that supports the Patriot Act, TSA, and NSA.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I didn't know this was a discussion about legality.
youre free to elaborate on what level you think the practice is okay. my moral and ethical feelings about it align with the constitution here.
Quote:
I'm simply pointing out that internment camps have been successfully used throughout history
successful in what sense?
Old 12-06-2019, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like the type of guy that supports the Patriot Act, TSA, and NSA.
When we are at war, yes. Don’t conflate that with how people like Barry Hussein used these agencies.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
could you elaborate on when you feel it is okay and not okay to involuntarily detain people in prison camps?
Guess you never read the history on WW2. Pearl Harbor? How do you think they came up with the plans to strike? They were utilizing spies in Pearl Harbor to survey the area and report back. After this the US decide they would use holding centers to prevent that from happening again. So yes, it is a double edged sword.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
youre free to elaborate on what level you think the practice is okay. my moral and ethical feelings about it align with the constitution here.

successful in what sense?
Safe as in keeping nations security in check during war time. Surviving. You know, the first mode of existence before you do anything else like exercise other freedoms.
Closed Thread