Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

This thread reminds me of joining low level groups with some ree ree superhero insisting we should travel 10 zones away because "there's more mobs there!!!!". People often don't want more mobs, they want convenience. A steady enough stream of mobs is available in the populated leveling zones, while maintaining convenience and not being over the top difficult for the average group.

Shits pefectly classic. Sorry, but your boner for out of the norm leveling zones is dumb
Old 04-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread reminds me of joining low level groups with some ree ree superhero insisting we should travel 10 zones away because "there's more mobs there!!!!". People often don't want more mobs, they want convenience. A steady enough stream of mobs is available in the populated leveling zones, while maintaining convenience and not being over the top difficult for the average group.

Shits pefectly classic. Sorry, but your boner for out of the norm leveling zones is dumb
The game is about exploring and trying different camps in different zones with different class make ups. Thats what makes the game fun. Not just traveling the same path over and over and over.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Personally I like lvling in snowflake areas, either solo or in small nitch groups. not the traditional holy trinity stuff. Kaesora, Tower of frozen shadows.. gorge of xorbb casters suck.

but your post doesnt make sense. half the zones you listed have high zem the other half have trash zem. doesnt that kind of prove people go to classic zones regardless of xp per kill?

Seems like an arrogant thread imo. its a penalize everyone who doesnt play the way you want them to kind of idea. good luck with that.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is about exploring and trying different camps in different zones with different class make ups. Thats what makes the game fun. Not just traveling the same path over and over and over.
Every single path in every single zone with every single group combination has been done a hundred thousand times. This is a 17 year old game. The most efficient use of time is all most people care about, and taking Johnny_Bronze_01 out to Dalnir sounds terrible. The reason these zones are populated versus the ones that aren't isn't because you can bind nearby, or SoW to train the zone -- it's because the alternative zones have either far too few mobs, or far too annoying of mobs to fight. Dalnir? Clerics, wizards, traps, and pitfalls. Some of the most difficult to fight, and frustrating mobs that flee.

What's that? Mistmoore has backstab pets that can hit for 150 and plow through globs of mobs? It's also easy to get to, and do corpse runs to? AND it supports a large level range allowing you to go 20-40 without leaving a zone? There's also clerics who tend to camp out and offer free 96% rezzes, and buffs to groups enabling you to fight much longer before resting? High levels are often near by camping Soulfire and can help if something goes wrong?

OH YEAH WELL DALNIR HAS CRESCENT ARMOR11!1!1! FYTING BATENS! Bu-bu-but mah classikz experyiunc! I lebbeled in keeng jorb in 2001 in full brawnz with mah hi elf palurdan named xxinyuashaxx ! There is no paths left to "blaze" here, and no trail un-tracked. The community has discovered the easiest, fastest, safest, and most efficient places to level at during the long history of EverQuest and to try to change it is insane. The fun of EverQuest is often doing more with less, such as holding a full group camp down with 1-2 people, or soloing things far beyond your ability to do so.. Not killing Goblins in Nurga with a 5man because "FUK DA MIST MOORZ"
Old 04-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every single path in every single zone with every single group combination has been done a hundred thousand times. This is a 17 year old game. The most efficient use of time is all most people care about, and taking Johnny_Bronze_01 out to Dalnir sounds terrible. The reason these zones are populated versus the ones that aren't isn't because you can bind nearby, or SoW to train the zone -- it's because the alternative zones have either far too few mobs, or far too annoying of mobs to fight. Dalnir? Clerics, wizards, traps, and pitfalls. Some of the most difficult to fight, and frustrating mobs that flee.

What's that? Mistmoore has backstab pets that can hit for 150 and plow through globs of mobs? It's also easy to get to, and do corpse runs to? AND it supports a large level range allowing you to go 20-40 without leaving a zone? There's also clerics who tend to camp out and offer free 96% rezzes, and buffs to groups enabling you to fight much longer before resting? High levels are often near by camping Soulfire and can help if something goes wrong?

OH YEAH WELL DALNIR HAS CRESCENT ARMOR11!1!1! FYTING BATENS! Bu-bu-but mah classikz experyiunc! I lebbeled in keeng jorb in 2001 in full brawnz with mah hi elf palurdan named xxinyuashaxx ! There is no paths left to "blaze" here, and no trail un-tracked. The community has discovered the easiest, fastest, safest, and most efficient places to level at during the long history of EverQuest and to try to change it is insane. The fun of EverQuest is often doing more with less, such as holding a full group camp down with 1-2 people, or soloing things far beyond your ability to do so.. Not killing Goblins in Nurga with a 5man because "FUK DA MIST MOORZ"
I said nothing about dalnir. You're fucked in the head.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

A bunch of rustled nerds posting in my thread calling me "dumb" is already halfway to success. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keep em coming
Old 04-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaesora
The zem in this zone is massive. Shame hardly anyone utilizes it.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been running around Dalnir today. Obviously, I was alone in the zone. It's an awesome, complex, challenging zone, yet nobody goes there ever.
MAKE LEVELING GREAT AGAIN
Wish nobody was there last Saturday night when me, my sister and a friend tried leveling in Dalnir. There were 15 to 20 people in there at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those zones you posted as most popular are so because they make it easy to level in. take away the Zem or just normalize it and people WILL STILL go their. They will go to what is most comfortable and safe for them.

The zem helps but people on this server as a whole will not take risk. Zone has to many casters cazic , run eye, etc etc NO WAY to hard. They want non caster mobs that can be pulled easily and consistently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also have to keep mind, the less populated zones where noone levels is because they're dangerous. There is high risk, low reward. Dalnir's Crypt is a badass zone and can be done, but like this zone and many others it's a challenge and will test your group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raising or lowering Zems won't matter And will kill the leveling experience. 90% of people just want to log in, shout for a group, fight for a few hours, and log off. The reason people cluster in popular dungeons is because you are pretty likely to find a group and you can rotate people in and out easily.

People don't want to hang out in a inconvenient zones like runneye or splitpaw or dalnir. If you can't find a group you wasted an hour traveling there.
Quote:
Quote:
The most efficient use of time is all most people care about, and taking Johnny_Bronze_01 out to Dalnir sounds terrible. The reason these zones are populated versus the ones that aren't isn't because you can bind nearby, or SoW to train the zone -- it's because the alternative zones have either far too few mobs, or far too annoying of mobs to fight. Dalnir? Clerics, wizards, traps, and pitfalls. Some of the most difficult to fight, and frustrating mobs that flee.

The community has discovered the easiest, fastest, safest, and most efficient places to level at during the long history of EverQuest and to try to change it is insane.
Shouldn't xp reflect risk vs reward? If zones are easy (low risk) shouldn't the ZEM be low, while the risky zones have high ZEM? The zones with a lot of dangerous casters should have much higher ZEM to reflect the much higher risk. Not that it is anywhere near classic.

And while certainly not classic and I'm not sure of the difficulty in implementing it, but I think it would be great if the ZEM was dynamic based on the overall difficulty of the zone, the number of people in the zone, the average level in the zone, the overall stats of each person in the zone and maybe other similar factors to determine true risk vs reward.

All else being equal, if there are more people in the zone, that would decrease overall risk, because of PC vs NPC ratio is higher, plus players can help others. Also, the higher level players are overall, the less the ZEM should be due to less risk to not only themselves, but to others in the zone as well. They can plow thru mobs that lower level groups struggle with. But, with less mobs around due to the higher level players, the lower the risk to lower level players.

I mentioned overall stats. But, what I really mean by this is twinked players. A twinked player or duo can take on mobs that would normally take an entire untwinked group, or nearly so. Twinked players have less risk and should get less xp, in my opinion.

Quote:
The fun of EverQuest is often doing more with less, such as holding a full group camp down with 1-2 people, or soloing things far beyond your ability to do so.. Not killing Goblins in Nurga with a 5man because "FUK DA MIST MOORZ"
This has been my pet peeve with P99 as of late, as a single twink or a twinked duo can take down a camp that traditionally required a full or nearly full group. It really ruins the classic feel for me... not to mention non-xp farmers.

I'm not sure what the solution is for twinks, or farmers, though. I'm not blaming either of them. It's just the state the game is now.

Anyway, there really isn't a non-classic solution that I can think of for ZEM, twinks or farmers.
Closed Thread