Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Aviak

The gap I've recently had the most problems with in CoM is the house before the jade reaver house upstairs. Super small gap and I can't make it without bard speed.

I've tried looking straight up in first & third person and I'm never tabbed out when trying the gap.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Actually WinEQ2 will fix this issue for you completely. You have to set the settings for 'EQPlayNice' and set the 'Background' option to 100 max fps. This will keep your FPS on your windoed EQ client at 100 even while having another window actively in front.

You are all welcome!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gap I've recently had the most problems with in CoM is the house before the jade reaver house upstairs. Super small gap and I can't make it without bard speed.

I've tried looking straight up in first & third person and I'm never tabbed out when trying the gap.
has this problem always occurred? like others have said - it's caused by frame rate. setting max fps to 100 only lifts an artificial restriction. if your graphics card can't run the game at 100 fps it wont help. try turning clip plane all the way down, particle effects off, /showname 1 or none, temporarily turn the eq resolution down to 800x600 etc (for when you need to levi over stuff).
Old 10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Developer

This isn't related really, but I usually play in 3rd person when levitating, but before I use it, I go into first person and look up. then you can easily get down quickly by backing up instead of waiting for it to float down or click it off.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wierd, can you fraps it? sounds like you are doing everything correct, I cant imagine why you are falling in that case [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned

I always thought it was bizarre that lev mechanics were tied to framerate.. what a strange way to design it.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Aviak

Thanks for all the suggestions. There are a few that I haven't tried yet like going in the Wineq settings and changing the frame rate.

If none of this works when I get home I will fraps it I guess.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Banned

I have always played at a frame rate of ~25 or so because I got used to the mouselook response time at that framerate. Increasing it slows down mouselook movement because you have to basically scroll through more frames as you turn. I do not use Win EQ

I never imagined it would have this kind of effect on the game's gravity mechanism, though! I've made the run from DL port to KC probably a hundred times and I've NEVER made it the entire way without having to do the last mile in frogger-mode.

Excited to play with this setting tonight and see if it helps with my lev ability.

Just to be clear... regardless of how kickass of a computer you have, or how high your framerate settings are, you WILL EVENTUALLY FALL TO THE GROUND with lev, right? Like, there's nothing you can do to prevent the gradual drop entirely, right?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Go first person, tilt your view up by like 20-30 degrees. Zoom back out to third person.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Are you trying to lev across from one of the upper ramparts to the other (basically around the side of house to avoid the locked door) using one of the "points" along the railing? You won't make it to the other side if you don't go from them.

I use the same trick at the entrance to HS so that you can "see" the target while still being lower than the upper landings.

Also, it's possible to toggle the fps within the options while levitating in order to lev up. Very tricky but if you decrease fps while on the upswing and increase while floating down you'll gain more altitude than you lose. Again, it's tricky but if you practice it you can get it to work.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread