Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're assuming people do chardok 7 days a week, and that you can always grab a spot when they are, and that you can always find a buyer when you're in on it. Also taking into account losses from selling in bulk (you can't realistically sell single batches of pp) the non-trivial risk of getting busted, and the time spent actually finding a buyer, it's really not that attractive of a money making operation.
It helps when you box.

It makes me physically sick to agree with Juevento, but he's right here. Chardok AOE has had a massive negative impact on the server, both through RMT and giving everyone 10 alts to park at raid mobs, who then buy rogue/cleric epic mqs and other stuff.

Limiting PBAOE spells to 30 targets + some sort of automatic simulated repop would be two huge steps for this server.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Chardok sucks ass. The zone is terribad. If you want hunt there, go for it. If you want strike a blow to the man, set up camp at the bridge.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I work in the gaming industry. I know for a fact that many, many people will take minimum wage and crappy, irregular hours to work at a job where they sometimes get to play games.

It doesn't matter really *how* much money it is. The fact that you *can* make money playing video games, even if you live like a pauper, is a huge draw for many.
Which is really quite sad, because if you consider that with some time and effort you can make 10x the minimum wage while still having some time to "game" .... and then retire 20-30 years before the gamer that got paid shit to 'game' some of the time ...

/facepalm

But what you describe is why RMT is such a HUGE deal to any venue that allows (or turns a blind eye) to it. There are idiots out there willing to sell themselves out for relative crap. I could moonlight an extra hour and buy ridiculous amounts of plat on this server ... waaaaaaaaaay more than if I was trying to farm it legit. Like a fungi an hour.

Thankfully, p99 doesn't allow RMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chardok sucks ass. The zone is terribad. If you want hunt there, go for it. If you want strike a blow to the man, set up camp at the bridge.
Having hunted the zone with an xp group, i'll disagree. From an xp standpoint alone, it's better than seb with a good group.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It helps when you box.

It makes me physically sick to agree with Juevento, but he's right here. Chardok AOE has had a massive negative impact on the server, both through RMT and giving everyone 10 alts to park at raid mobs, who then buy rogue/cleric epic mqs and other stuff.

Limiting PBAOE spells to 30 targets + some sort of automatic simulated repop would be two huge steps for this server.
It also hurts the top end grouping game. Sebilis is way less occupied here than it was on Live. As is Chardok for that matter; I know people who found very good xp spots there back in the day (even pre-revamp).

All those guys grinding up cleric/rogue alts would be doing it in groups if they weren't getting Chardok proxies, and improving the health of these dungeons thereby. Or they just wouldn't level them up at all, perhaps, but either way I think things would be better.

People have been pointing out that these PBAoE groups were possible on live, and that's absolutely right. I was in them, on Live. The difference was that GMs on Live strictly enforced the PnP. If even one other person was in the zone we had to share the mobs with them or we were out. And if we trained them it was on our heads.

That isn't the case here, because the staff works on a voluntary basis and can't be around to enforce this 24/7. Which I totally get. But because of this people won't even bother going to Chardok to try and XP normally. Why would you when the customer service resolution might not happen in the playtime allotted to you?

The best solution would be an "un-classic" one - I still like making every tenth mob immune to stun, but you could also limit PBAoE targets and such - and I know people are reluctant to implement non-classic solutions, but it's certainly been done in the past. In the end, the current state of Chardok isn't classic, though.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 12-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It actually hurt my brain to read that. This post is one of the reasons why I usually don't even bother responding to the stupidity posted here. This dude clearly has no idea what's happening, and he's not the only one.
I guess u lack sarcastic awareness.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronasch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess u lack sarcastic awareness.
Either that or you're just really good at sounding stupid.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best solution would be an "un-classic" one - I still like making every tenth mob immune to stun, but you could also limit PBAoE targets and such - and I know people are reluctant to implement non-classic solutions, but it's certainly been done in the past. In the end, the current state of Chardok isn't classic, though.
Would fix the issue.

Lord knows there are already more glaringly "UNCLASSIC" mechanics on p99 there for the sake of relative balance etc.

The sad thing is the damage is already done. People already have their nth level 60 player. The upper end is already bloated (overbloated) with too many high level folks (many of them having multiple high level toons they wouldn't otherwise have).

But ... if they did make this change, you'd have more available groupers in the 40-59 range and fewer PL'd goons contributing further to the already bloated end-game pool of players.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Extortion is the only answer, DO IT.
Closed Thread