Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 02:14 AM
Fire Giant

Raising or lowering Zems won't matter And will kill the leveling experience. 90% of people just want to log in, shout for a group, fight for a few hours, and log off. The reason people cluster in popular dungeons is because you are pretty likely to find a group and you can rotate people in and out easily.

People don't want to hang out in a inconvenient zones like runneye or splitpaw or dalnir. If you can't find a group you wasted an hour traveling there.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

I like these zones being empty. They're the zones you get your friends together and go run some xp. The main line xp zones are the pick up group zones. Make some friends and take the road less traveled. It's a lot of fun.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:22 AM
Kobold

If you want to play in different underpopulated zones make a static group for them or join a guild that is more willing to explore the game rather than leveling 1-60 as fast as possible.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think these are hard to implement or bad ideas, I just think it strongly goes against the "classic" that this server tries to emulate. There are some ideas from other games I think that do this pretty well, such as continually adding xp bonus to individual npcs the longer they are alive, but this is a pretty unclassic feature so doubt we'd see it here.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Almost none of the 'ideas' suggested on the forums (That are not in line with the timeline progression) have been implemented by the dev's since 2011-2013 on Project 1999. I doubt this will change.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost none of the 'ideas' suggested on the forums (That are not in line with the timeline progression) have been implemented by the dev's since 2011-2013 on Project 1999. I doubt this will change.
Technically classic ZEMs are part of the timeline progression, but yeah I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Why not add in the original "hot" zones on rotation ?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Why not just leave this server as classic as possible
as possible?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-31-2017, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, set CB, Unrest, MM, CoM, KC ZEM to 20%.

Watch people learn "new" zones and enjoy EQ like back in 1999.
Just put a group together and go wherever you want.... Some of the best friends I have in game are because, in my 30's, I convinced a bunch of people to come to kaesora and leave MM. We had a great time, great exp, and I still regularly group with several of them, now at 60.

Also, the exp train zones, CB, unrest, mistmoore, CoM, KC. All have worse or equal Zems with the other zones you listed. The only thing stopping people from getting better exp in these other zones is the fact that they aren't going to them. That's a choice they are making. Their is already the incentive of exp. Nothing needs to change.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Fire Giant

In 1999 most people leveled in CB,unrest,mm
Closed Thread