Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2010, 05:11 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Multi/Dual/Quad-Core Issues

If you are experiencing issues with rapid movement, or very slow movement / frame rate, double durations, crashing, etc, try running EQ under WinEQ2, Found at Http://www.lavishsoft.com.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was having issues with my Dule Core ADM, vista laptop.
(modern technology just isnt what it used to be)

I tired all of the fixes on the EQemu forums with temporary success and ultimately no success.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

I came across this fix which has worked great.

> Open the start menu, click on Run,type in msconfig and click on OK

> In the System Configuration window click on the start sub menu and the on Advanced Options button.

> In the second window that appear, you should be provide with an option for enabling and disabling the number of processors you want to use.

> Validate your entry by clicking on OK.

> Restart your PC and it should be fine.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/616-multic...disable-a-core

I have experienced two "new" freezes that may be linked to this process, but i change a lot of things on my computer often. So, there is no validity to this claim. and it has never happened playing EQ (which is what matters)

don't forget to turn your dule core back on for other things!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Large Rat

Default Fixed my problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was having issues with my Dule Core ADM, vista laptop.
(modern technology just isnt what it used to be)

I tired all of the fixes on the EQemu forums with temporary success and ultimately no success.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

I came across this fix which has worked great.

> Open the start menu, click on Run,type in msconfig and click on OK

> In the System Configuration window click on the start sub menu and the on Advanced Options button.

> In the second window that appear, you should be provide with an option for enabling and disabling the number of processors you want to use.

> Validate your entry by clicking on OK.

> Restart your PC and it should be fine.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/616-multic...disable-a-core

I have experienced two "new" freezes that may be linked to this process, but i change a lot of things on my computer often. So, there is no validity to this claim. and it has never happened playing EQ (which is what matters)

don't forget to turn your dule core back on for other things!

Why I didn't do this option first, I don't know. After trying many other things this was the solution for me.

Win7
dual core

I just disable the dual core and run on one core --> restart --> fire up di.fm --> play eq
Just make sure to enable your dual core when you are done playing and shut down / restart your computer.

I have not seen any new bugs or glitches with eq or any other program while using this method.

-Afflictus
Last edited by Afflictus; 08-03-2010 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: added an explanation & additional info
Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Large Bat

I, on occasion, run on an AMD multicore on XP. I tried the recommended downloads and still had the locking animation problem. My fix was to run EQ under Win98 compatibility. So far, no problems.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toboggan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, on occasion, run on an AMD multicore on XP. I tried the recommended downloads and still had the locking animation problem. My fix was to run EQ under Win98 compatibility. So far, no problems.
please provide the steps to make it run "under win98 compatibility" in XP, thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Aviak

1. Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
  2. Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Source
Old 07-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toboggan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yt2005 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  1. Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
  2. Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

Source
Thanks a ton guys - that solved it!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Large Rat

Default That may have done it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yt2005 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Source
Only applied it a few minutes ago, but so far it's a HUGE improvement.
FYI: Windows XP SP3 with AMD Athlon XP 64X2 (Yes, I know it's old now)
Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

When I go to the compatability screen like the post above me, The option to run in another mode is greyed out so I cannot select it. It says that the program is part of windows or something like that. Any idea how to change that?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Kobold

I am trying the compatibility mode thing (switched to windows XP, SP 3), and so far it seems to be working. However, the entire UI was reset. Anyone know why this is?

I'm too lazy to re-size all my boxes...