Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Aviak

Oh, and completely forgot about OT and Firiona. OT is phenomenal for a long time and FV was great for the two levels I spent there.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:16 AM
Kobold

I'm strongly considering returning and making a video series. At the very least writing an indepth guide. As I intend to keep Leth but roll a second druid (since I screwed my faction for Leth).

What would you ladies and gents recommend for video capture software in p99's case? I may do vocal or text commentary, not sure yet - I'm pretty comfortable with my voice.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethClaypool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would you ladies and gents recommend for video capture software in p99's case? I may do vocal or text commentary, not sure yet - I'm pretty comfortable with my voice.
I prefer doing "local recordings" with OBS instead of Fraps, as its both open source and can easily be setup to stream if you'd rather do that.

Fraps is nice but if you're not into ratting it costs a few bucks, and last I checked it recorded video uncompressed which eats up HD space like mad, OBS on the other hand has more options for compression and still puts out good enough quality for youtube.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the tip. What do you mean by OBS?

Originally Fraps would've been my go to but since I have the apartment to myself for the next four days I intend to record voice as well (not that that changes anything).

I may roll a new druid but I also may just take Leth out for a spin to show different spots and give people an idea of what to expect. I'm thinking the former because I actually want to explore some off the beaten path locations.

Regardless any tips on in game capturing would be most appreciated as I'd like to do an indepth guide - first using Leth to show what options we have for soloing, a bit of insight to the class end game, ect, and then bringing in the new blood every few levels to show spots (and alternatives, because fack I love alternatives).
Old 02-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Oops, OBS = Open Broadcast Software. Mostly used for twitch streaming but can switch to local recordings as well.

https://obsproject.com/
Old 03-02-2016, 02:17 AM
Kobold

Oh, awesome - thanks man!
Old 03-02-2016, 02:28 AM
Kobold

Well, I'll start by making a video tonight.

I figure I'll start by taking Leth out giving a run down of the class, it's pros and cons, and then make a baby druid and start the leveling guide from there.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:36 AM
Kobold

I made a little scratch video tonight but I plan on doing some more planning.

I'll make a video explaining to new players what makes the druid such a fun class, show off some of our abilities - give insight on pros and cons endgame, and then start doing weekly videos with an alt, leveling him (or her) up and going more into detail about mechanics and playing the class.

I think this'll be good for me as I get bored really fast if I'm not actively doing something and I've been told I should try radio a handful of times. Whether or not those people were intoxicated is irrelevant.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Aviak

You should put Primus on the soundtrack.

The toys go winding down.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmysosa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should put Primus on the soundtrack.

The toys go winding down.
Oh, this was bound to happen.

Anyway, I got some footage together I just haven't really sat down and organized/put it together but I'll probably have something up in the next couple weeks. I tried voice over on the fly and didn't really like the result.

I'm terribly unorganized.
Closed Thread