Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Large Rat

Unhappy characters gone ... anyone else ?

First , many thanks for your excellent FAQ about getting Titanium to work .
I resisted my urge to post , and instead followed your advice.

read this first

wow ! who knew ?

anyway , a year and a half ago I had some pretty decent characters . Work and real life got in the way and I was away . Yesterday , got everything set up again , logged in , and have only empty character slots .

Has anyone else experienced this ? Any suggestions ?

Everything else seems to be working normally .
Old 07-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Are you logging into the correct server?
Old 07-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Large Rat

unfortunately , only one P99 blue ... so , yeah
Old 07-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Most likely explanation is wrong server, or wrong account. They don't clear characters here. Unless you gave your password to a malicious person.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most likely explanation is wrong server, or wrong account. They don't clear characters here. Unless you gave your password to a malicious person.
This. I once had this exact problem, and it turned out I had two accounts: one I'd completely forgotten about, with a username I commonly use, and another that was my actual account. I accidentally logged into the one with my common username and could not understand where my characters went, but with some help from the forum I figured out what was going on, and when I logged into the correct account all my characters were there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:41 PM
Banned

did you update with the new patch files? sometimes it give you an error login screen.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Large Rat

I did ... the FAQ had a line about the " patchme" ..It worked great after I did that , just no P99 char
EZserver characters were still there , so maybe it was just a matter of one login and PW that I didn't write down before . Still puzzling over it .
Old 07-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Large Rat

I have been going over it , and there is something interesting.

The first time I logged in after installing , a couple days ago ( after a very long absence) , I hit several snags while trying to get it to work . After trying a few things , I finally got a login screen and logged in . I got to character screen , and the video was WAY messed up , and I could barely see anything . But there was a message . All I remember was something about " spells" and something about " patching" .
I went back and read more , and made some more changes , and logged in again .

But all I ever saw was a character selection screen with no characters . I still have characters on the EZ server , so I know it is the right account . But my main , 57 enchanter ( I think ) and my other alts , are all gone .
Old 07-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Did you share your login info with anyone ever at any point for any reason what so ever?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

I don't play on EZ server, but doesn't it have its own files? If you're using the EZ server patch it might break P99 in a way that makes it so you can't see your characters.

Again, I don't know EZ server, but if it has patch files I'd try the following:

1) Get a completely fresh, from scratch, EQ install

2) Do not (ever) patch that install with EZ server's patch

3) Do patch that install with the P99 patch files

4) Run that installation ... hopefully see your characters?

5) If you want to play on EZ server use a separate install to do so (presumably the one you have since it's already patched for EZ server)

EDIT: It looks like EZ server requires the "EverQuest Rain of Fear 2" client, but you said you were using Titanium in the original post, so I'm not clear on how you even got EZ server working ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-08-2018 at 05:03 PM..