Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Dalnir

Every time I make the trip out to this zone it's never populated. What levels are good here and why doesn't anyone ever level here?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Aviak

Years ago I had success convincing a few of my FM giant fort groups to make the run to Dalnir. Usually many deaths occur, and in the mid 30s you are looking at a zero xp rez, if you can get back to your corpses... but I have had some good xp groups that have played it safe near 1st floor drop down, 2nd floor exit, and third floor castle area. Things can get messy in a hurry though!
Old 07-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every time I make the trip out to this zone it's never populated. What levels are good here and why doesn't anyone ever level here?
I went there for a stretch (on my ranger) with my Enc friend, we were both in our early 30's - i found the place to be rather difficult for the level and the rewards but it certainly was exciting which is always great
Old 07-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Maybe we should organize a 30-40 raid on dalnir!
Old 07-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Banned

i just dinged 30 [SK] and want to try this place this wknd

/t Luls
Old 07-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Aviak

It isn't populated because of the location and the difficulty. Tons of casters, pets, dots, blinds, indoor SOWed mobs, etc etc. That said, it is a very interesting dungeon and highly recommend crawling through there either solo or with a duo/trio/group for fun - just make sure you come prepared.

Another similar dungeon that is underpopulated is Kaesora, specifically the church area. Very interesting area especially for clerics/necros/paladins with all of the undead there.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:14 AM
Kobold

I'm willing to go Sunday mid-afternoon or evening (PST) on my low 30s chanter. If you guys in this thread that are talking about going start a group up, PM me on here and I'll hop on.

Love Dalnir, and am pretty familiar and comfortable with it.

Edit: Count me out if we're packing the group with level 40+ ppl. I don't want to push Dalnir over, I'd much rather go with high 20s - mid 30s. Thanks.
Last edited by Sicc; 07-13-2018 at 05:20 AM..
Old 07-13-2018, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

The key is to crawl the zone with a fullish group. This will make the repops less of an issue. The 3rd floor is also probably the way to go. It's pretty open down there and you can just invis to the exit no problem.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Dalnir was super fun to explore with a level appropriate group. I had never even seen it on live even though I remember camping the brutes in the cave on my wizard. It was like a secret, the place is hardcore though as people have said and stay far far away from the Kly, that dude wrecks. 500 damage AE every 12 seconds IIRC.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Does anyone else want to join us?

I can bring a 35 monk.

Sounds like we have CC (Sicc), Puller (me), and a tank (luls). We would need a decent healer and a couple dps if we really wanna crawl this thing.
Closed Thread