Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Kobold

Wink Pleased to finally return :)

Hello fellow norrathians. Today is a good day, I'm *grabbing* titanium and I'm jumping back into this rustic, challenging server. As of the past months I've been playing EQ classic elsewhere and I just figured to myself, why not pick back up on my characters on P99? I seen a lot of people streaming and uploading on YouTube and I couldn't resist the P99 after a while. Not quite sure if I'm just gonna abruptly stop on my other server but I definitely know I'll be putting in some time here. I play iksars on blue, they're in their 20's. I remember blowing some steam and quitting one day after not being able to get my corpse (lol), but now I miss such ruthless features. Think I started in 2013, then stopped til 2015 and got like 10 more levels, and now I'm back. This time I've got a lot more knowledge of eq luckily, although there's still alot to learn. It's so funny to think my first eq1 experience was on this server, what a brutal thought. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looking forward to seeing y'all.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome back. I have an iksar tagged harbingers of thule somewhere too...
Old 10-19-2018, 08:12 AM
Kobold

Unfortunetly due to having 3 user accs for no good reason and only having access to 2. I made a new one and am starting fresh. The account I can't gain access to had my higher lvl chars on it. I'm not too bothered, I guess the whole point is to endure the experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2018, 01:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back. I have an iksar tagged harbingers of thule somewhere too...
I've been having fun on my fresh new account. Rightfully so that I start over anyhow, I've learned so much geographically since I only used to use IKS's because I memorized their area of Kunark. I'm actually very fond of Oggok and Freeport now a days. I created a hulking Ogre SK, with some extra intelligence. I believe a human spellcaster class is in the works as an alternate character at some point.

I'm actually considering of unsubscribing on EQ live now that I'm enjoying p99, I don't really wanna stop supporting modern Everquest but I'm not gonna throw money to servers that I don't play.. I'll see how things go. My live server is PoP locked and I could always just play p2002 as a cleaner alternative..
Old 10-20-2018, 07:05 PM
Banned

Talking

Welcome back Mattius! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Wot level, class, & name are you working with right now? Maybe someone with altitis or new may want to join you.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:25 PM
Kobold

5 Ogr SK, 3 Hum Wiz, 3 Gno Rog.

Originally I decided my alt to be a human wizard because of my liking of freeport but I kept telling myself how I've wanted to try a gnome and play a rogue one day so I ended up just making the gnome rogue as well as the wizard. I will stick to these few characters for playing p99.

After making my Rogue and studying an Ak'non map, it didn't take long before I got lost in one of the many crawlspaces among the inserts of the underground city. Eventually I mostly mastered the layout of the environment with an exception being that I had NO CLUE about the secret door in Abbey of Deep Musing in access to the Rogue's guild. I literally spent like 30 minutes just pacing around Abbey and eventually falling through the wall and desperately bolted down the stairs knowing I found the rogues, finally. Gotta love the struggles of Everquest.

I'm currently on my Gno Rog "Preystalker". You can chat me up on there or also add my main (Ogr Sk) "Shalonda".. In case I toggle whichever character in the future.

gotta love when a skeleton runs up on you in steamfont mountain.. that ended quickly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mattius; 10-20-2018 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: text
Old 10-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Kobold

It begins to pour on my first dark night attempting to survive the harsh steamfont mountains.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: sorry, unsure why it refuses to let me embed photos regardless of method.
Is there a reason why the steamfont guards don't always help me when I retreat with a mob on me?
Last edited by Mattius; 10-20-2018 at 09:59 PM..
Old 10-21-2018, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Mattius if you use IMGUR you can post screenshots directly with the {img} tags ^^
Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

I like your class/race choices and the Mox Jet
Closed Thread