Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

When you drop an item on the ground it at that point stops being "your item"

sorry man
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Yo! One tip I have for fellow noobs on this--

If you have the ability to see invis/spirit sight, please make sure to do so before initiating your ground transfer. I once thought I had found myself a "sneaky" spot to drop some empty medicine bags for an alt...

Dropped bags, logged out, logged right back in as alt-- bags were gone. Looked around everywhere and wondered if someone stole the empty bags. After 1-2 mins, I then get a creepy tell: "Looking for something?"

Turns out the dude was invisible (behind me), also in the same "sneaky" spot. He gave me the bags back and told me to be careful. Hah the experience sent a chill down my spine
Old 09-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have the ability to see invis/spirit sight, please make sure to do so before initiating your ground transfer. I once thought I had found myself a "sneaky" spot to drop some empty medicine bags for an alt...

Dropped bags, logged out, logged right back in as alt-- bags were gone. Looked around everywhere and wondered if someone stole the empty bags. After 1-2 mins, I then get a creepy tell: "Looking for something?"

Turns out the dude was invisible (behind me), also in the same "sneaky" spot. He gave me the bags back and told me to be careful. Hah the experience sent a chill down my spine
Lol that's funny, at least they gave you your stuff back!
Old 09-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've caught someone in the act of a ground transfer and did the same thing.

I wasn't invis though.

The guy was doing a ground transfer in a wide open heavy traffic area.

Ground transferring is an art form. The thrill is half the reason I still do it.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Don't do ground transfers. Such a high chance of something going wrong and wasting a lot of time.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

And if you do try a ground transfer, make it ground you never see anyone ever going anywhere near, i.e., nowhere near Freeport, Qeynos, etc. But even those two cities do have plenty of out of the way spots for xfers.

Just remember the rule that once you drop it, it isn't yours. Under that rule, where do you feel safe letting something sit for at least 2 minutes, unattended, such that nobody will see or touch it?
Riigor - Cazic Thule Necromancer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 09-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please read the sticky on the petitions / exploits section, clearly states reimbursements are handled there, not in game.

If you want a chance of getting your items back, post there. As long as someone didn't pick up your item(s) a return should be possible. If anything, we can confirm who picked the item(s) up.

It's usually better to find someone in a prominent guild to help you transfer.
I had no idea that this was something GMs would get involved in. Doesn't seem like the best use of their time, by a long shot, but interesting to note.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venjenz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you do try a ground transfer, make it ground you never see anyone ever going anywhere near, i.e., nowhere near Freeport, Qeynos, etc. But even those two cities do have plenty of out of the way spots for xfers.

Just remember the rule that once you drop it, it isn't yours. Under that rule, where do you feel safe letting something sit for at least 2 minutes, unattended, such that nobody will see or touch it?
I used to do ground transfers in EC.

Stupid, I know.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've caught someone in the act of a ground transfer and did the same thing.

I wasn't invis though.

The guy was doing a ground transfer in a wide open heavy traffic area.

Ground transferring is an art form. The thrill is half the reason I still do it.
Lol that is great! There is certainly a thrill involved, *especially* when you crash to your desktop upon logout. That always happens at a convenient juncture.

Also, how many times have you been walking along + excited to see a little brown bag on the ground-- you pick it up only to discover some discarded/foraged fishing grubs?
Old 09-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Also, how many times have you been walking along + excited to see a little brown bag on the ground-- you pick it up only to discover some discarded/foraged fishing grubs?
Tons.

I already know it's unwanted forage items but I still do it.

I also look in the tunnel.

A part of me wants to purposely drop items so random people can pick them up but I know chances are some loaded tunnel mule will pick the item up instead.
Closed Thread