Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Does anyone not remember the Erudite with gold teeth and wooden crook that would spam the global ooc channel with erotic elf stories?

That's why we cant have nice things.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Whose? That guy was legit on meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Classic EQ involves traveling to zones, finding a group and making friends.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could players create a Discord for P99 LFGs?
I think the issue is critical mass. A discord with ten people who join at all different hours doesn't help anyone, and will quickly become a discord with zero people.

The trick is to somehow get enough people excited about the idea to have a critical mass (maybe 50?) actively using the channel, so that it has enough momentum to sustain itself.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Orc

Loot and especially exp suck in Velious. Main purpose there is factioning for Thurg/SS quests and raiding
Old 09-27-2018, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I remember it the LFG tool in practice was just a glorified GUI for /who. It had features like "my group wants a 45 52 rogue", but I don't remember anyone ever actually used any of them: they just did the same basic LFG checks done now but more conveniently.

Maybe others had a different experience?
used it on agnarr a lot. You can be anon or role and it sees you too. Justt throw up lfg and you can add a note too for saying something like seb keyed or that you have a high level druid roommate.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-27-2018, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
used it on agnarr a lot. You can be anon or role and it sees you too. Justt throw up lfg and you can add a note too for saying something like seb keyed or that you have a high level druid roommate.
Right, I didn't mean it never got used, I just meant ... how many times when you were looking for a replacement did you actually use the fancy tool user interface to specify "my group is looking for a rogue with these specific levels", and then waited for the right one to turn up, vs. how often did you just use it to see what LFG rogues were out there so you could send them a tell?

Maybe you did use the features, and if so I'm curious to hear that, but just my experience was very few people used the tool "properly", and most just used it as a glorified /who lfg all.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, just noticed that you said Agnarr. Being a decades-newer server probably changed things. So did people actually use the tool "properly" there?

Old 09-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, just noticed that you said Agnarr. Being a decades-newer server probably changed things. So did people actually use the tool "properly" there?
Gah, I hate the lack of edit in RnF. I'm especially curious about how you used it "properly". Was it mainly the notes, or did you use the "group looking for another" feature too?

Old 09-27-2018, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

I only use the part that lets you see lfg players (can sort or view select classes and levels) or make yourself lfg.

Its incredibly useful and does nothing more than eliminate wasted time and effort.

If devs remove it even though it was useable thats about as nonsensical as the raid scene.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread