Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawgz28 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill the PH in the day not at night.... Try killing the male barb derv at 3pm then check at 1am
Yup, tried that. Spent all week last week staying in SRO 24/7

Tried killing PHs in the morning, evening, 10pm ish, 5am ish. Nothing worked. Worst luck I had up until this point was 2 days with no sightings. Killing the PHs do nothing.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

My hours! The PHers! They do nothing!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Kobold

Welcome to Everquet, where you don't get what you want by bitching.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 AM
Large Bat

I was finally able to get him tonight on red.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Been spending more time in SRO and was able to confirm that the AC indeed will only spawn at 9PM, and the spawn rate is about 5%.

A big change from 2001, when people were reporting it being a triggered spawn with some reports of back to back sightings.

http://web.archive.org/web/200106192....shtml?id=3452

So, apparently it's not just a matter of bad luck or not getting it on the first few tries... It really is messed up.

If you don't believe me, go see for yourself...
Old 06-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

if you are unlucky he will spawn near the De's they kill him in no time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] so unless you are sitting near the De's when he spawns you might miss him.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 07-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Been spending more time in SRO and was able to confirm that the AC indeed will only spawn at 9PM, and the spawn rate is about 5%.

A big change from 2001, when people were reporting it being a triggered spawn with some reports of back to back sightings.
Myth Busted. Got him at approx 10 or 11 on a fresh pop.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Myth Busted. Got him at approx 10 or 11 on a fresh pop.
Did he spawn at 10 or 11 or is that when you saw him?

Its pretty well known that 9pm is when he spawns by anyone whos camped it multiple times
Old 09-19-2016, 04:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's definitely not the way it was. I've seen the barbarian male three times now after clearing PHs, and he a) did not originate at the known spawn point, and b) did not seem to be on the same 30.5 minute timer either, because one time he showed up early. This is probably old news to anyone trying to get jboots I guess. (Last time I did it was probably in 2013, when it was still the old way.)

It's disappointing though because I used to be able to get my jboots fairly reliably if I put the time in and kept the spawns timed. And I wouldn't have to worry about a level 60 KSing me because only I knew the exact timer, once I'd put in the effort to get it timed in the first place. The current situation seems to just be a clusterfuck of people running around the desert at night. Why was it changed from the way it was on live?
Closed Thread