Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-06-2016, 12:58 AM
Skeleton

Default Issue following Sept. 5th Patch

Ever since the Sept. 5th patch I've been unable to log in. I'm no the most computer tech savvy person out there, but I'll do my best to explain it...

After downloading the new spell files from the patch today I kept getting the "your spell files are outdated" message at the character select screen. I tried copying the new spell files a couple of times and rebooting etc. and could not have any luck with it.

At the time, I was playing on a Titanium edition that I've copied via USB from computer to computer over the last six years. I did a "clean install" from the USB stick and copied the spell files again with no luck.

I decided to uninstall again and dug out my Titanium Disks and do a true clean install. When doing so I get the following application error "The instruction at 0x00000000030A4B4 referenced memory at 0x000000003CAF0CC. The memory could not be read." I found this error in the FAQ and it realize I need to adjust the settings accordingly in the eqclient.ini file. The only issue I'm having is....I can't find the eqclient.ini file...

I find an eqlsClient file, but that's it (It does not contain the information I'm looking for either). I opened up the files on the USB stick that I'd been using up until this morning and could not locate it either. I did notice, however that many of the initial changes required to run P99 appear to be much more streamlined than they were six years ago.

I guess my question is, is there someplace else I can find the correct settings to change in order to remove the "Memory could not be read" error? Or, alternatively, has anyone else had a similar issue with the spell file error following this patch (I could do another clean install from the USB version again easily enough).

Well, if you've made it this far, thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 09-06-2016, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

When you reinstalled/recopied, did you remember to set eqgame.exe to be run as Administrator/Windows XP mode?
Old 09-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

You won't find an eqclient.ini file until you're able to log on for the first time.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Aviak

I am also getting a message saying spell files out of date
Old 09-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Did you install to the default location of c:\program files\xxx?

if so try moving the EQ directory to the Root of the drive, update your shortcut to reflect the new location, patch and try again.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard