Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Logging forfeits camp. Rules are quite clear. Doesn't matter that he cleared previosly, nice guy or not.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logging forfeits camp. Rules are quite clear. Doesn't matter that he cleared previosly, nice guy or not.
I don’t think you’re following the story. Let me help. He logged out to help a friend. There’s clearly an exception to be made.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Let this be a lesson: though never camp and come right back, no matter how noble your time away was. Instead, you simply "went ld".

Disrespectfully submitted.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-21-2019, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasComrade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think you’re following the story. Let me help. He logged out to help a friend. There’s clearly an exception to be made.
I understand the story and am sympathetic to the guy, but the rules are also clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off.
It does't say "unless it's to help a friend". Any GM or guide is going to rule that the camp is lost when he camped.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:15 AM
Banned

Reznor is the dickhead in this case. If you're going to different camps trying to hold multiple then that's different. But obviously he was just logged out for a sec because he killed it last.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasComrade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s clearly an exception to be made.
If there's exceptions to the rules, why have rules?

If it was a pvp server you could contest it properly with your skills as a player.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reznor is the dickhead in this case. If you're going to different camps trying to hold multiple then that's different. But obviously he was just logged out for a sec because he killed it last.
That's all it takes though. Agree or not, thems the rules. /shrug
Old 12-21-2019, 04:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I always find it so funny how unwilling both sides always are to compromise in these situations. Literally every time its either "you get fucked" or "I get fucked"
Old 12-21-2019, 04:23 AM
Fire Giant

You both handled this like spoiled children and should be ashamed of yourselves. I assume you’re both adults, at least legally in terms of age. One of you tattles to the gms and the other to the forums. Embarrassing.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's exceptions to the rules, why have rules?

If it was a pvp server you could contest it properly with your skills as a player.
Sarcasm really doesn’t do well in this medium.
Closed Thread