Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Gonna have to go with:

No More Excuses for this one.

shit or get off the pot. But either way , please STFU and keep lookin for that perfect server!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

ac doesn't work in pvp nor has it ever. trollborn's hero lovely actually tried to champion the fight to fix it but it never happened.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

it was fixed, please read the patch notes

folks so dense up in here
Old 07-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Aviak

the beauty of this is kubark is about to come out and we shall see if that cures the server... imo this server is doomed for a 1 guild zerg over and over post kunark post wipes+increase exp without teams and boxing.

In the mean time im still having fun and will keep playing as long as im having fun and encourage others to do the same.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Please quote the patch notes that explain how a functional AC system for PVP has been instituted. While your conclusory statements are very much appreciated, they are just that, conclusory, completely worthless and devoid of any factual basis. Keep living in the fantasy world where all 500+ people who quit were holocaust members or people griefed by holocaust.

I've had the fortune of making quite a few friends here, and on the flip side some internet "enemies," 99% of whom I've spoken to post red99 in a very frank and friendly manner. Many of these people were nihilum members. Do you know how many of them cited to me the lack of Kunark as the reason for their quitting this server? 1. o-n-e. Every other person listed the same reasons that have been repeated ad nauseum. They didn't like the other people in nihilum, didn't like the pve grind with no pvp, didn't like the way the server was ran, didn't like the zero pop, etc. etc.

If someone really wanted to "save" this server without wiping it, I can tell you exactly how to do it. Yellow text / ability to who all those above level 40, fix resists to make them classic (that means all spells not just root), and institute some sort of beta buff that makes people level 46. Guarantee you do that and there will be a huge amount of interest in this server. It will never ever happen, but if it did the pop would break 200.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

wow heartbrand I bet you and all your new red99 "friends" could really make a cool/powerful guild!

oh wait, lol, we know how guilds you are in end up.................................

Heartbrand still in that fantasy world, still bitter and mad. Still enraged Nihilum won the great crusade vs. every shitty guild he was in!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the pop would break 200.

need to remember this gem, because I feel a huge "i told you so" comming up in a few weeks.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

No where on these forums have I ever disputed the fact that kunark will likely provide an initial bump, perhaps a very large bump. Is it possible it could break some triple digits for a couple of weeks? Absolutely. Will these numbers stick around 2 weeks in, 4 weeks in, two months later? No. The server will experience the same drop off it always has except this time the drop will be even larger and quicker than it was in times past.

I'm hardly bitter or mad, in fact I consider myself to be one of the most constructive people on these boards in trying to brainstorm potential ideas to restore pop to this server. I want to see this server thrive again. Don't mistake my snarkness and unfortunately poor outlook on what I believe kunark will do to this server with my desire to see it grow. I want to see fundamental changes and an open dialogue with devs that can foster a long term growth in this server that could give it a sustainable pop for a long time to come. This server doesn't have that now.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Kobold

At this point i would agree with y/t and ability to who those 46+. resists also need some work (mr only one functioning seni properly).

But a beta buff to 46 would be stupid. Maybe another 50% on top of the 250 it currently is but thats about it.

Omg i cant believe i agreed with heartbrand what am i becoming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kubark
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

I want to clarify I didn't say I actually am encouraging a beta buff option just stating that F the goal is to jump start this server again it would probably do more than almost anything else. I'd rather see it through hot zones.