Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Kobold

Naw big hb i give you props for bringing the peeveepee and helping the newbs but
I still dislike you as you have me since my departure of uprising.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Kobold

And damn my troll account has been revealed its too early in the morning for me
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerokella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And damn my troll account has been revealed its too early in the morning for me
YOU DINGUS

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

I really don't dislike anyone in this game. It's a video game. I like to play games to compete against others and it has amazed me up to this point that people would rather join one guild than compete against one another. I don't harbor any real life grudge or dislike for someone because of that lol. Competition is healthy for this server. Unfortunately some of the prior competitors were terribly lead, here's hoping VV is the one to buck the trend.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

yes i hope the best for vv and look forward to kubark pvp
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will grief all VV until all of heartbrands character are out of that guild
Honestly how many Diapers have you gone through since this server started?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't dislike anyone in this game. It's a video game. I like to play games to compete against others and it has amazed me up to this point that people would rather join one guild than compete against one another. I don't harbor any real life grudge or dislike for someone because of that lol. Competition is healthy for this server. Unfortunately some of the prior competitors were terribly lead, here's hoping VV is the one to buck the trend.
Its not about just joining one guild in favor of competing. Its that EQ takes a certain amount of players to accomplish things about 20-30 minimum and people would rather enjoy EQ for everything its worth than "just pvp."
Old 08-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

I guess it's an issue of personality and competitiveness. Uprising for example had many issues. It had no leadership, wasn't a truly cohesive group, some personality clashes, some people trying to level up while others were burnt out 50's. But there were more than enough players there to create a new guild from Uprising that would compete with nihilum, with both guilds fielding 20-30, and creating a competitive atmosphere. Rather than do that however, everyone just joined nihilum. That to me was a big let down. I get all the of issues with uprising, I do, they were things that frustrated all of us, I just don't see why the only option was join nihilum.

I guess that's my real frustration with this server, every time a guild has been confronted with issues of leadership or something else, rather than the members making their own guild, or taking over the leadership, they seem to all just either quit or join nihilum. There seems to be a huge lack of leaders on this server, a passion to compete and what not. I tried with Starwars Time but the fact is the server pop @ that point was already hovering around ~60 and there was just simply not enough people left at that point to recruit. No one wants to log on and be one of four people online in guild.

Having said all of that, I hope VV emerges as that alternative to Nihilum and provides competition. I've spoken in great depth with Samwise and I think it definitely has that potential. Let's hope though that should there be some issue in the future, rather than everyone in mass joining nihilum again or quitting, that people step up and take charge and lead something of their own.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Population really plays a huge part in this. The game was designed for up to and beyond 1000 players at a time. Options are limited on R99. There are only so many players, guilds and people hardcore enough to lead them. When you have such a small pool of players, the poopsockers are going to flock together to win. A guild only needs so many players, so eventually recruitment closes (like ours has for most classes) and other guilds form to compete. When theres less than 100 players on the server, this doesn't happen.

Lets hope for more players.

If r99 continues to see interaction with staff and changes/improvements made to the server, the population will rise and facilitate greater competition.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

holdup now, by fagstick i think he was referring to cigarettes