Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Kobold

Default Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum

This is a story about Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum, who I stumbled upon in South Ro.

After a very long day of camping AC with not much luck, my EQ decides to glitch out on me and needed a reboot.
So, in what I deemed was an unnecessary step, I /ooc'd that AC was camped, and that I'm quickly logging out to fix a bug.

This screenshot shows me doing so, as well as my session duration.
I logged in yesterday, spent 1 hour screwing around, and spent 16 hours camping AC in South Ro.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know that this screenshot doesn't have a date, so could have been taken at any time for this sake of this post, but the screenshot is legit. I'm not too fussed who believes me or not.

Upon returning about 5 minutes later, I find 2 people next to me, Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum, claiming that AC is camped.
Well... I had something to say about that. After 16 hours, I was growing fond of the camp myself.

So, the standard arguments were put forward.
I said I've been here for a long time blah blah
Gump the Fuckhead said he has the camp and will let me know when he's gone blah blah.
Lithomagnum said that I have nothing and I should let it go (? vague and unsubstantiated).

I then attempted to prove that I had the camp because I could say exactly when the PH would spawn, having had it timed for so long, despite Gump the Fuckhead claiming that all 3 of the roamers were up when he got there (untrue).
I did so, and a desert madman popped exactly when I said he would. However, I think that was regarded as a random guess by Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum, which is an odd conclusion to jump to regarding such a clockwork camp, and anyone who camps AC in South Ro will always know exactly when a PH is due.

With no resolution in sight, Hobby was summoned, the end result being that empty camp = empty camp, and me not being there meant that it was up for grabs. With Hobby's decision made and no reason for me to stay awake any longer, I got some much-needed sleep.

I'm not posting to dispute Hobby's decision. He made it fairly and I lost the camp legitimately, which is why it's in Rants and Flames and not Server Chat. My post is in regard to the attitude that Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum exhibited over this issue.

Many people would have been more gracious in such a situation. After hearing that I'd been there for a long time and proved that I had the camp on a timer, I'm sure many would either believe me, or be less of a fuckhead about it. Now that I examine the screenshot closer, Lithomagnum was actually in the zone when I /ooc'd. So if I were to hazard a guess, I would say that Lithomagnum summoned Gump the Fuckhead after he saw my message, knowing full well how it would play out. A genuine fuckhead move, but since I can't prove that part of it, I wont go any further.

I'm sure Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum aren't absolute fuckheads. No doubt they are stand-up brothers/sons/fathers/barristers/doctors, and are worthy of many praises for their contributions to society. However, they did prove to be fuckheads relative to Morbo. They showed the kind of fuckhead behavior I imagine is bred into people in fuckhead guilds who take their gungho, hardline raiding attitude and apply it to any poor unfortunates who get in their way outside of the raiding environment.

Yet another insignificant moron whinging about being walked on by higher level characters? Maybe, but I feel that 16 hours of work deserves at least a bit of payoff, and since I didn't get AC, this post is all I have for my troubles.
My camp wasn't a sought-after raid target worthy of mass guild interest demanding mass guild tactics. It was a safe, easy camp by a solitary unguilded necro just trying to get some jboots. I don't think such a camp is worthy of the arrogance that Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum exhibited.

That is the end of the story about Gump the Fuckhead and Lithomagnum.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

fix pic pls
Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Your screenshot is broken.

Sucks to hear it. 16 hours sounds like an abnormally long time to be camping without seeing an AC.

You sure you're working the cycle correctly? (killing at 11am to get a repop at 9pm)

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Taslion

And this is what a shitlist is for
Old 04-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Kobold

Is it coming up too small?
Um, let's try this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Why did you create an alt account to flame two pieces of shit in R&F? If they were genuinely being pieces of shit (hell, even if they weren't, for all R&F's denizens care), call them out and don't worry about what people think.

I can't take someone seriously if they feel they have to hide their "identity" when talking shit.

And your ss still isn't working.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

wait, what happened to 20 mins to get a back to a camp/relog? Was the 20 min rule taken out now?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait, what happened to 20 mins to get a back to a camp/relog? Was the 20 min rule taken out now?
Only counts when the server is taken down.

Doesn't count if it's just your client that got hosed.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Kobold

I'm not too sure why my identity impacts on how my post is regarded, but anyway. I have a cleric named Peteage who I stopped playing long ago.

Since Kunark came out, I started a necro that is now the only character I play, so I created a forum ID to reflect that.

I give up on the screenshot. Here it is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000268(2).jpg (59.7 KB, 327 views)
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Orc

I've had shit like this come up before, in fact I've been on both ends. It is annoying to find a camp empty, start to get everything together and then someone comes out of nowhere and says it is theirs.

Despite this, I have always given the camp up to avoid threads like this being started about me. When I have been on the other end (I went LD, came back and someone was there) the guy gave the camp to me when i was right about the respawn time.

These guys sound like shitheads.
Closed Thread