Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-28-2023, 10:01 AM
Orc

You need to use multiple monitors for programs like this or play eq in windowed mode but set the resolution so it takes the entire screen up.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:13 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasherprog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to use multiple monitors for programs like this or play eq in windowed mode but set the resolution so it takes the entire screen up.
Argh that's annoying. There should be a toggle "always on top" function for people who want to play full-screen. I play on a 34 ultrawide, I don't care for multiple monitors.
Old 06-29-2023, 05:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Nparse doesnt open

I have downloaded and extracted as the instructions say but when i click on Nparse application it does not open at all. i have disabled firewall and nortons virus to see if it was hindering the operation but it is not. I have windows 10 installed. any advice to make this work would be great.
Old 11-14-2023, 05:42 PM
Kobold

I installed this on my laptop without issues. On my desktop, I keep receiving "Unhandled exception in script" errors when opening it. Have attempted regular open, running as admin, storing the file in Program Files and Program Files (x86). Below is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nparse.py", line 233, in <module>
File "nparse.py", line 55, in __init__
File "nparse.py", line 84, in _load_parsers
File "parsers\spells.py", line 25, in __init__
File "parsers\spells.py", line 476, in create_spell_book
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data/spells/spells_us.txt'
Old 12-20-2023, 07:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I installed this on my laptop without issues. On my desktop, I keep receiving "Unhandled exception in script" errors when opening it. Have attempted regular open, running as admin, storing the file in Program Files and Program Files (x86). Below is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nparse.py", line 233, in <module>
File "nparse.py", line 55, in __init__
File "nparse.py", line 84, in _load_parsers
File "parsers\spells.py", line 25, in __init__
File "parsers\spells.py", line 476, in create_spell_book
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data/spells/spells_us.txt'
For you and some others, it looks like you may have only extracted/downloaded the EXE, you need the entire zip file with all the data folders, and they need to all be in the same directory as the EXE. I recommend extracting the zip file as its own folder.

As far as viruses, for those who are asking, yes I have reviewed the code in its entirety and I am the one that’s made the latest releases — if you need help or have questions, I rarely come to the forums, the best thing to do is ping me in discord. @rm_you, I’m in the tunnel quest discord, and the main p1999 discord, among many others.
Old 12-21-2023, 04:33 AM
Kobold

Thank you for maintaining this program, it's really great. I use it with /viewport and have an affixed map and spells off to the side.

One question, is it possible to update the maps to be more "classic"? I know that some of the maps contain elements from Luclin expansions and beyond. I recall another parser program that had more P99-centric maps and wondering if the ones that comes with nparse can be updated or given the option to use those instead assuming they are free to distribute. I'm happy to open a Github RFE.
Tzartole (62 MNK) epic 1.0
Old 01-03-2024, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasherprog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to ask the same question, I stream from my PC to various devices in my house using Sunshine. If I play windowed mode then the gamma slider doesn't work so I gotta run full screen. Was hoping I was just missing a setting and nParse worked in full screen but apparently not.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Skeleton

has anyone gotten this to run smoothly on linux? I keep getting seg faults when buff/debuffing