Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know what you're trying to say.

The bottom line is the games are just different, and they pose different challenges. Overall Everquest is a less forgiving game, it punishes your mistakes much harder with forcing corpse recoveries and experience loss on death, it also takes more time to get things done, and you need more people to do most things.

WoW like most modern games has a lot more mechanics involved, but it isn't as punishing as Everquest, if you fuck up in WoW you just respawn and pull again. WoW is also what you make of it, if you want to be a casual who just raids just in the hopes of seeing the raid content then WoW allows you to do that with simple versions of the content. If you want to go hard and be the best then the content is honestly miles beyond anything I've seen in EQ, which I played until I think The Serpent Spine.

Comparing which game is harder is silly because the ways they approach difficulty in an MMORPG is different. EQ will never be as mechanically challenging as retail WoW, but that's not why most people play EQ, and WoW will never be as unforgiving as EQ because they would lose all their subscribers and go broke.
Great way to put it. Honestly I would play the shit out of an MMO with WoW raid mechanics but as punishing as EQ for failure
Old 08-13-2020, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great way to put it. Honestly I would play the shit out of an MMO with WoW raid mechanics but as punishing as EQ for failure
WoW tried going hard on the players at times, everyone whines and they cave in and make it so everyone is a winner.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

WoW has grossed over 9 billion dollars to date - those idiots really don't know shit
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-13-2020, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those idiots really don't know shit
And no one's made remotely close to that claim about Blizzard but grats on your hot take edgy strawman.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW has grossed over 9 billion dollars to date - those idiots really don't know shit
know enough to not get caught and banned on blue like you did.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
know enough to not get caught and banned on blue like you did.
Oh dude the irony. This is the same guy that reported Falwen and I at Efreeti for boxing, when the GM was literally watching us and talking to us in tells saying how much of an idiot Frost was.

Turns out he was banned on Blue and is reporting people? Yikes. Hypocrites are the worse kind of sad. No wonder he was made fun of.

Cheers Art,
Keeth
Old 08-17-2020, 01:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if you're serious, but I usually only die 2-3 times when leveling a character to 50 on EQ. In WoW it's normal to die like 30 times in a single day. The only difference is that the penalty for dying in WoW is far less severe.
Lolol then you're really bad at WoW
Old 08-17-2020, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Stevens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lolol then you're really bad at WoW
Yeah. He also forgets that the reason you might die that many times in a day in WoW is simply because you just don’t care about dying. So you’re not careful, you don’t plan your movements, you’re not worried about something happening.

In EQ you might actually die less (excluding any deaths from trains you didn’t have anything to do with) because you’re generally much more careful and methodical about what you’re doing.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh dude the irony. This is the same guy that reported Falwen and I at Efreeti for boxing, when the GM was literally watching us and talking to us in tells saying how much of an idiot Frost was.

Turns out he was banned on Blue and is reporting people? Yikes. Hypocrites are the worse kind of sad. No wonder he was made fun of.

Cheers Art,
Keeth
Screenshots of a GM saying stuff like that. Otherwise this is a joke of a claim.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:09 PM
Banned

Cut the crap and just play live. It’s a superior EQ experience.
Closed Thread