Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pepsi's term would be expired, so it would be Grassley. Unless the vacated seats for expired Senate terms switched the majority party.
Which it would. 35 seats are up. 23 are Republican. No Grassley.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't you take about 20-30% off there squirrelly iran
Pitter patter
Old 07-31-2020, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pepsi's term would be expired, so it would be Grassley. Unless the vacated seats for expired Senate terms switched the majority party.
No, because like i said, the election could be postponed and her term functionally extended. Only the president/vice president must, without exception, have elections held hell or high water. Constitution is not as explicit for members of congress, however.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, because like i said, the election could be postponed and her term functionally extended. Only the president/vice president must, without exception, have elections held hell or high water. Constitution is not as explicit for members of congress, however.
The House and 1/3 of the Senate terms end on January 3rd, noon per the 20th Amendment. It is as clearly stated as it is for the President and VP on January 20th, noon.

What you're saying goes against everything I've read, not that it matters. This is just another case of the President proving he has no clue how his job works. I'm sure the people on his staff who can read have explained it to him by now. Rather he listened, we'll see.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Additionally, if there's no election in any of the 50 states, we'll have no President, VP, House of Representatives, and be down 35 Senators. Of the 35 Senators we'd lose, more than 20 will be Republicans. That gives us President Patrick Lahey.

As usual, our idiot President is proving he doesn't understand the basics of how government works. Unless you think his goal in asking to postpone the elections was to leave office and leave a Democrat in charge for however long?
Our government doesn’t work, that’s your first problem.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Starkind has found eternal peace regardless of the beliefs and motivations of humankind's.

Starkind shines eternally. Starkinds light joins all other starkinds. ✨
Old 07-31-2020, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starkind has found eternal peace regardless of the beliefs and motivations of humankind's.

Starkind shines eternally. Starkinds light joins all other starkinds. ✨
Again, you have lost your mind.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Why are Oregeonians allowing this?

Months of this makes your state look like shit tbh.

Remember who allowed this next time you vote local and state.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are Oregeonians allowing this?

Months of this makes your state look like shit tbh.

Remember who allowed this next time you vote local and state.
The more involved they get in the local economy, the more complicit they become. You should see the PNW theatre, performing arts, philanthropy scene it is disgusting. If you want a career working for old money in the "culture" sphere prepare to be peddling Russiagate plays etc. Not even exaggerating I saw a man piss himself on stage in a Russiagate show in Portland in 2018; part of the script. Weyerhauser money; no idea what their connection is to globalism or why they felt compelled to produce this stuff which they do not even watch. They left for Geneva early in the pandemic. The idea that these foreign-raised inheritors-royal identify as American makes me a little nauseated.

I think it is as simple as that Carlo Scandiuzzi the no-name Italian who definitely isn't a mobster but somehow married Weyerhauser royalty runs PNW theater (with Vulcan, Paul Allen's firm) for Weyerhauser's clout, so they can jockey like "Carnegies of the West" for that public mindshare for their storied name with little to no other agenda (just, nothing *too* radical!). He, his wife, and his consigliere's crew don't have very good taste in fine art nor a hard edge with which to earnestly speak politics. It's all Tom Sowell and Reaganomics. The principals are crypto republicans and excellent filibusterers. The artists themselves, however, are little television pod people wholly responsible for the state of things, as best as I can tell. Particularly city girls born with two X chromosomes seem ready to see street executions of all the wrong people. These lazy fucking mobsters have been out on jet skis not managing the national lore, they left that to ex-Harry Potter slashfic girls on T. I have no idea what to do but to retire from being concerned about it. I think the key is to start cutting more checks to people and reduce the power of mob thinking a la antivax or mass flash mob riots with outright regulation. Let the plundering royals blast off to space so long as they keep a fraction of the robots dedicated to feeding we 8 billion. It's a brave new world but at least the boot is covered in suboxone and trap sweat droplets, and therapy's free. -j
Last edited by JurisDictum; 08-01-2020 at 03:25 AM..
Old 08-01-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Group mind is constantly being driven it's not important who's at the wheel really
Closed Thread