Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were a few other comments about using calm but I'm still not sure why you'd use it before the charm break. When you mem blur it after the break, it clears aggro anyway so why the Calm?

Speaking of this line of spells, I don't really understand the difference between them. In watching chanter videos, some very high level chanters still use Lull. What are the circumstances in which you'd use the various versions of these spells?
Calm greatly reduces the agro radius. With kos mobs that hurt (say, in HS South), this matters because you can pop back in with no risk to a calmed mob without ever having agro on you. This is particularly relevant when breaking summoning mobs that are in summoning range.

Basically - there are a lot of mobs that are KOS, and calm -> break -> blur allows you to move freely. The method of the break depends on your philosophy and the risk involved.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calm greatly reduces the agro radius. With kos mobs that hurt (say, in HS South), this matters because you can pop back in with no risk to a calmed mob without ever having agro on you. This is particularly relevant when breaking summoning mobs that are in summoning range.

Basically - there are a lot of mobs that are KOS, and calm -> break -> blur allows you to move freely. The method of the break depends on your philosophy and the risk involved.
I understand that it reduces agro radius. But, this doesn't really answer either question. Again...why use calm BEFORE the break since mem blur erases agro anyway. And secondly, in what circumstances would you use each spell? (IE, Lull vs. Calm vs. Pacify)
Old 03-27-2019, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Because after you blur, it will just re aggro you without calm. Unless you have room to get far away. Calm makes it more convenient
Old 03-27-2019, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand that it reduces agro radius. But, this doesn't really answer either question. Again...why use calm BEFORE the break since mem blur erases agro anyway. And secondly, in what circumstances would you use each spell? (IE, Lull vs. Calm vs. Pacify)
Calm -> Camp -> Relog = No hits (only risk is a break during camping)

Break -> Get Hit ->Stun -> Mez -> Calm -> Blur = Get Hit (Riskier)

I always use calm. Lull is OK if you need to just reduce agro radius a little, but calm turns it to almost 0 and lasts for 3 minutes. I can’t think of any situation that pacify is better. Lull is great if you need to chain cast. Wake I’ve used only a handful of times in a year (circumstances where an early crit fail is catastrophic, but multiples agroing isn’t necessarily catastrophic).
Last edited by Baylan295; 03-27-2019 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Missed a step.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:44 AM
Kobold

How do you interpret the radius listed on the Wiki? For instance, Calm says 5/50 and Lull says 15/30. What do the numbers mean?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
How do you interpret the radius listed on the Wiki? For instance, Calm says 5/50 and Lull says 15/30. What do the numbers mean?
I have no idea what the wiki numbers mean. I know that if I walk on top of a lulled mob it will agro, and I can dance, moon walk, or flash mob on top of, and take inappropriate pictures with a calmed mob and it won’t agro. I think a calmed mob literally needs you to stand on the exact loc to agro.
Closed Thread