Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Default Best budget shaman melee weapon while JBB'ing?

Hi,

I started playing my 53 troll sham again. I picked up a Blight on the cheap a while back; nice stats and look. The proc is situational since most fights don't last a few mins.

Usually I just do the pet/slow/root/JBB plan for grinding. Once in a while when space is confined or I'm messing around with greenies I'll haste up and swing between clicks.

Epic won't be happening so curious what makes the most sense:

1.) Any 30dmg 2hb or Granite Face Grinder
2.) Find a decent 1h (Ice Ocean club for example) and pair it with a shield like the Clay Guardian
3.) Just keep the Blight since it doesn't matter really.

I'm tempted to pick up an Ice Ocean club and see how that goes. I have a Clay Guardian Shield on a twink SK so it's a pretty cheap path.

What do you think?
Old 01-18-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

If you have a JBB there shouldn't be any point of actually meleeing?

Just get a stat stick
Old 01-18-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Ok thanks. I'll pick up an Ice club and keep the Blight around for fashionquest.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

I used Granite Face Grinder while JBB'ing. Was nice enough. Get epic though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2019, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Here's my advice: crunch the numbers. Calculate how much your poison DoT does per tick, how much your disease DoT does per tick, and how much your JBB does per tick. Now calculate how much damage you would do per tick if equipped with a Primal Velium Spear (or some other super good weapon).

What I suspect you'll find when you crunch those numbers is that even with the spear your melee damage is virtually a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of your damage, and as such it's likely not worth spending mental energy, let alone plat, to increase. And certainly whatever marginal increase you'd get between your current weapon and a weapon you can actually afford is going to be even less worth it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread